Notifications
Clear all

Doubt regarding the crossover and effective impedance calculation

Urslovinglykk
(@urslovinglykk)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Sir i have a doubt to ask you.
When we build a 3 way tower speaker with 3 different rated impedance drivers like 8(tweeter)+4(mid bass driver)+4(woofer).And we connect them through a 3 way crossover network what would be the effective impedance for amplifier?
I mean to know what would be the effective impedance of that box and how to calculate that?
Thank you

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @urslovinglykk

Sir i have a doubt to ask you.
When we build a 3 way tower speaker with 3 different rated impedance drivers like 8(tweeter)+4(mid bass driver)+4(woofer).And we connect them through a 3 way crossover network what would be the effective impedance for amplifier?
I mean to know what would be the effective impedance of that box and how to calculate that?
Thank you

We need a little bit more information than that.  Do you have an impedance chart?  I did a video on this a while ago, that shows you the basics of it. 

But if you want specifics, we will need to see the impedance chart.  This is because impedance is not linear.  It goes up and down with the frequency.  The standard when selling a speaker is the impedance should never drop below 20% of the rated impedance.  So if you want it to be rated as a 4 ohm, it shouldn't go below 3.2ohm.

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: