Clear all

having major issues with my crossover

Page 4 / 4

Dameo182
(@dameo182)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123 toid

hi, did you happen to take a look at the new measurements i took yet? I understand your busy and probably dont have the time to go through everything involving the measurements, im just hoping you can take a look at the new driver response graphs and just let me know if they look to be accurate now, you mentioned before that you have experience with the pc83 graph and can tell if its correct or not. Its just that ive come up with a crossover now using the woofers in series that i think can work but i could have modelled it on wrong measurements again, and i would like to be sure before i order any more crossover parts, thank you

Btw your video on kartesian was very informative, i listened to it while at work and the time flew by lol i definitely want to try that 4inch sub in a project soon, maybe my plan to build a tv stand with built in 3 way speakers? 

ReplyQuote
Dameo182
(@dameo182)
Topic starter  

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your help with the design and measuring of these speakers. I'm finally at the point where I can install my crossover as I've finally got the response I've been after since the beginning, with the help of the people on this forum and advice from other sources, the speakers are ready to be completed once the rest of my crossover parts get delivered. I changed the tweeter as it just wasn't working with the woofers well enough, the new tweeter is the nd25fa

I purchased just one set of components for one crossover, just to allow me to install it into one of the 5 speakers and do some tests on it, here is the freq response it came out with, The blue is the simulation and the red is the real speaker. I had to bring down the spl of the tweeter a bit more than was modelled, I think that the reason is because the tweeter is a lot more sensitive than the woofer? But I'm not sure, either way I'm happy with the clarity and overall sound of these speakers. 

sim vs actual

Thank you again to everyone who has helped me get this far since my first post on this forum 

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dameo182

Looks very good.  You might just need a little higher resistance on the tweeter.  This isn't out of the norm.  But luckily that is a very easy fix.  

I must say, I love your determination.  You really worked hard on figuring it out.  And you are going to be much better for it. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote
Dameo182
(@dameo182)
Topic starter  

@123toid

Thank you, it has taken me months to figure it out, but it feels really good to finally get over the hump and be able to say I didnt give up. A lot of that was due to the fact I had support during the struggles, which I very much appreciate, without that I have a feeling it would have gotten too confusing to have ever finished it. 

As for the tweeter being a little high, I actually like how it sounds, but I did use xsim to see what I could do to bring it down if need be, I first tried changing the tweeter resistance, but it gave a slight frown shape to the curve, I then tried adding another resistor in parallel, an L pad I believe, which seemed to do the trick if using a 12ohm connected to the 4ohm, but tbh I'll probably leave it as it is until I've listened to it for a while.

ReplyQuote

Page 4 / 4

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: