Notifications
Clear all

Please tell me this looks good!?

Deadeye
(@deadeye)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

I keep hearing about 6dB baffle loss (which I'm not sure I get yet) so, how's this look!?

225 satori scanspeak

God knows about phasing yet but surely this mean these drivers have a good chance of working together?

Time for some box moddling...

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@deadeye

There seems to be a little confusion about baffle step loss in general. Generally speaking it is about a 6db loss.  However, this loss doesn't happen at the baffle step frequency, it happens gradually over time until that frequency.  Looking at your graph, this looks less gradual and more like a drop off a cliff.  You should use the inductor in a way to help shape the frequency to slowly taper down to the baffle step. This site here, does a pretty good job of guesstimating the frequency at which your taper should end. Just put 3 data points.  The RE of your driver (which for just getting frequency, you can put any number in here, it won't change anything), the width of your baffle step loss (ie 6dB).  For example when I input the data in for a 10" baffle, it is telling me the F3 of the baffle step loss is 456hz.  So when modeling this, 456hz should be about 3db down an taper to the full 6db loss to around 900hz or higher. Keep in mind, the larger the front baffle the sooner this occurs (ie the lower the frequency). 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Deadeye
(@deadeye)
Topic starter  

Yeah another late night trying to finalise driver choice, just a bit too excited to get the flat bit from 900 onwards!

think I might wait until I get the drivers and put them in the cabinet and measure real-world value before spending another 3 days on the crossover!

ReplyQuote
Deadeye
(@deadeye)
Topic starter  

Ok, finally seem to have a half decent line plus to me it looks as if the impedence is fanally ok.  I kept getting 2ohms everywhere.

Next thing is phase I guess, I don't really get it yet (more YouTube) but is there anything obvious that needs addressing?

Any idea why the directivity graph is so narrow?

255 morel scanspeak

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: