Amp Config for Tower Subs
My tower speakers have side-firing 15" woofers. They are unpowered and completely independent of the 3-way speakers in the upper half of the enclosure. I want to use these as my two subwoofers connected to my 7.2 Yamaha TSR-7810
My HT room is small, so I don't need gobs of power. Seeking recommendations on the subwoofer amp setup.
- two separate. discrete amps each with their own power supply?
- two separate, discrete amp boards running off of one power supply?
- a stereo amp with right channel running one sub and left channel running another?
- do I need volume/gain control on the amp or let the receiver's LFE settings drive the output and cutoff?
- are ground loop isolators a prudent move for the 7.2 LFE outputs?