Ghent Audio XLR to RCA DPDT Switch Wiring Diagram  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
02/12/2019 4:57 pm  

@ctbarker32

I actually e-mailed him about it as well.  It would appear he would create a custom wiring unit just for it.  I guess not.  I was disappointed not to hear back from him.  He has, in the past, been really good about getting back to me.  It is possible he is more on the amp manufacturing side and less on the electronic technical side.  Either way, I am glad we got you squared away. Special thanks to @tvor-ceasar for being an awesome forum member and a great a person!  We hope to see more of you around here  @ctbarker32

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Estimable Member Registered
02/12/2019 9:08 pm  

Thanks Nick. I'm just a fellow enthusiast that likes to share and help whenever I can. 

@ctbarker32, let us know how it worked out for you.

In case you were wondering, the dashed line from the shield to wire 6 indicates a connection "if needed" / optional. Since it is balanced, keeping the shield separate from the device signal ground prevents the possibility of a ground loop.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
03/12/2019 1:16 am  

@tvor-ceasar

Great point.  HypeX actually recommends grounding it to the case if you have a ground loop problem. 

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Estimable Member Registered
03/12/2019 8:05 pm  

@123toid

Reason being is the case is usually tied to earth ground while your signal ground may be at a different potential (not overall circuit 0 volts). Ideally you should tie to a similar ground as the source. 

Easiest way to determine which is best is to use a small alligator clip jumper wire and try the different grounds to see which is quietest. Then make it permanent.

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Page 2 / 2

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register