Clear all

Emotiva: Shop Now

ICEpower 200ASC Class D Monoblock Build  

RSS

EvilGnome6
(@evilgnome6)
Active Member Registered
17/07/2020 7:12 pm  

I recently completed building a pair of monoblocks using the ICEpower 200ASC module and Ghent Audio ASC200-MXR case. Here are the details:

https://www.parts-express.com/icepower-200asc-class-d-audio-amplifier-with-power-supply-module-1-x-200w--326-208

http://ghentaudio.com/kit/asc200-mxr.html

References

2   Out

Instructions

1. Mount power button in front panel.
  2. Mount front panel on bottom of case.

3. Mount ICEpower board in case.

4. Mount feet to case. One of the feet will line up below the power socket and one of the screws will be longer than the others. Use the long screw where the power socket will be located when the back plate is attached.

5. Attach ground wire to the long screw and fasten it with the washer and nut.

6. Mount power socket, speaker connectors, XLR connector, RCA connector and RCA/XLR switch in back panel.

7. Mount back panel on bottom of case and run the power cable from the power socket to the power switch (Neutral to Neutral, Live to Live). Also connect the ground wire mounted to the chassis through the foot screw.

8. Run power cable from connector P2 of the power switch to connector P1 of the ICEpower board (Neutral to Neutral, Live to Live).

9. Using two cables (soldered together) connect P4 of the power switch to connector J5 of the ICEpower board (- to Pin 1, + to pin 2). Pin 3 is unused and you can trim/remove the unused wire.

10. Connect the cable to J4 and turn it into a jumper (solder).

11. Run output cable from J2 to binding posts (solder) (Pin 1 to +, Pin 2 to -).

12. Run input cables from J3 pins 6, 7 and 8 to the RCA/XLR switch, RCA connector, and XLR connector. Pins 1-5 are unused and you can trim/remove the unused wires. You can use the unused wires to solder the connections between the connectors. Use the wiring diagram below as a guide (note that the physical arrangement of Pin 1 and 2 of the XLR are reversed. Use the number on the connector to make sure you’re going to the right one). It will be hard to reach the pins with your soldering iron so you might need to remove some connectors or loosen the back panel to get it all done.

13. That’s it! Test it out to make sure everything is working with both inputs. Put on the top cover and you’re done.

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
18/07/2020 12:12 am  

Excellent write-up! I'm going to have to add this to the video, for anyone that wants to do the monoblock build. T for taking the time to do this!

ReplyQuote

EvilGnome6
(@evilgnome6)
Active Member Registered
18/07/2020 12:23 am  

@123toid Your $3000 for $300 video inspired me to give this project a shot. I felt the best way I could pay it forward was to clearly document my build and share it. I hope others find it useful.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
18/07/2020 10:11 pm  

@evilgnome6

That's great to hear.  I hope this inspires some to try some monoblocks of the 500w and 1000w.  THat would be nice to see. 

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now

%d bloggers like this: