Sure DSP amplifier boards  

Page 3 / 4
  RSS

topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
22/07/2019 10:59 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

Hi again. Actually sure only  designs the DSP hardware. The company that produced the software and also produced some ADAU1701 board is http://www.analog.com. They have some videos on youtube but they are not of much help neither. But it's good to watch to have some basics.

Also there are some german speaking videos that shows more about that. 

The Leo Lautsprecher channel even responds if you make a question on his video. And the video is from 2016. 

Hope I have helped and that you can help me later once you get the hand of this software.. I am completely lost.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
22/07/2019 11:06 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

As far as I could learn you need the ICP3 board just to reprogram the ADAU1701 inside JAB3 amp or the independent logic board that incorporates ADAU1701 as well, using the computer software SIGMA. There are different versions of the communicating board but they all do the same thing.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
22/07/2019 11:11 pm  

@topcms

I am not suire what the link was, but it was removed automatically.  If you want to pm me the link, I'll edit your original post.

ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
22/07/2019 11:23 pm  

@123toid

Hi man. I enjoy your channel on YouTube a lot. I updated the post and removed the WWW and I think you can check it now. 

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
23/07/2019 4:45 am  

Hi guys. I've just found a forum on the analog.com web site. On that forum there is all sorts of stuff related to programing all of their DSPs and a lot of things specifically regarding the ADAU1701. People use that DSP for all sorts of things. 

ez.analog.com/dsp/sigmadsp/f/q-a/64755/guitar-reverb-and-adau-1701

UPDATE: This one guy Dave Thib posted a link to downsload of his base project with two way crossover. It's pretty good to have an ideia of how the DSP works. 

ez.analog.com/dsp/sigmadsp/f/q-a/64236/2-way-crossover-for-adau1701

This is the link for download: ez.analog.com removed link

I seem not to be able to post the link for download. How can I send a private message to you @123toid

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
23/07/2019 12:40 pm  
Posted by: @topcms

I seem not to be able to post the link for download. How can I send a private message to you @123toid

I updated the settings, so you should be able to do it now.  When I was on vacation, it looks like a few things updated and changed some settings.  In the future, the easiest way to send a PM, is to click on the persons forum name.  This will open their profile. From their, at the top right you will see a grey box labeled "send message".  That will set you up to send a private message to that user. 

ReplyQuote
Kevin Kendrick
(@kevin-kendrick)
Estimable Member Registered
23/07/2019 6:18 pm  

@topcms

Thanks man, the more information we can round up, the better.

My ICP3 finally arrived today, so it's time to start getting a little more serious about the project. Will probably spend a good bit of time studying this weekend and then see what I can accomplish with the Sigma software and Sure amps.

ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
24/07/2019 12:42 am  

@123toid

Got it. Thanks man.

ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
24/07/2019 12:45 am  

@kevin-kendrick

Nice!!. I´m really curious to hear your feedback. I see that in some of the projects that people on that forum do regarding a 2.1 interface the make use of some loops and some stuff that I have no clue of why they did that. My knowledge in electronics and programing is ZERO. I´m trying to read more about it but it seem greek to me. Good luck there.

ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered

ReplyQuote
topcms
(@topcms)
Active Member Registered
24/07/2019 8:35 am  

@kevin-kendrick

Hi Kevin. just now going over some questions on the comments section of WONDOMs youtube channel, I've found the default settings of the ADAU1701 DSP. In case you erase it there is no way to get it back. Here follows the link for the original DSP settings for SIGMA STUDIO. I guess you just need to compile it and upload to your system. I think you can even add some stuff to the original program such as equalizer and other things that I have no clue about lololo.

http://store.sure-electronics.com/product/AA-AP23122

Scroll down to PROODUCT RESUME and select DESCRIPTION and downloads the first one:

and this is the second one, a firmware that I have no clue what it is for:

Also reading through the documentations provided: https://www.analog.com/en/products/adau1701.html#product-documentation

I found that with the ADAU1701 APM2 DSP board you can implement buttons such as  volume up/down, mute, LED lights  and other stuff. The DSP has more then 10 programable functions. It´s just not clear to me how to implement them. Below follows the link to the documentation regarding the implementation of such functions.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
07/08/2019 2:43 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

Look what I just got in the mail 😀

ReplyQuote
Kevin Kendrick
(@kevin-kendrick)
07/08/2019 4:06 pm  

@123toid

Awesome!  Looking forward to working on this project with you. Let me know when you're ready to start. I realize you've got the big move to take care of first and whatever other projects you may already have in the works, so no rush. I'll start trying to figure out what I can as soon as the Daytonas are finished.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
Trusted Member Registered
08/08/2019 1:48 pm  

I've been reading this thread and interested to see what you are able to do. I looked at the Sure boards before, but the current offerings don't quite fit my needs. The ADAU1701 is a DSP chip with two ADCs and 4 DACs supporting 2x in to 4x out making it great for stereo two-way speakers. The ADAU1701 requires a microcontroller to interface with the DSP. That's what the ICP3 board is from Sure. However, from what I can tell, the ICP3 only interfaces with their mobile app via Bluetooth and does not allow programming straight from Sigma Studio. If this is not the case, and you are able to communicate with the ICP3 board via a computer with Sigma Studio, these little boards have the potential to be a game changer for DIY DSP systems at their price point. 

A few of the Sure amplifiers have the ADAU1701 built in, meaning only the ICP3 board is needed to program the DSP. If you are not using an amplifier with built in DSP, you need the ADAU1701 plus the extension board for your 2 in, 4 out signals. You then connect the output from the extension board to your regular amplifier.

It would be awesome to see a 2 channel DSP amplifier with a 100 watt output on one channel for the woofer. With Sure's max power ratings at 10% THD on a 3 or 4 ohm load, the 2x 50 watt board with DSP doesn't have enough low distortion power for an 8 ohm woofer at louder levels. A 50 watt + 100 watt DSP amp from Sure at their prices plus the ability to use Sigma Studio with the ICP3 board would be a game changer for active 2 ways.

ReplyQuote
Lindelium18
(@lindelium18)
08/08/2019 2:38 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

I’m excited to see what these amp boards can do. Following in general curiosity and excited to see what you guys come up with!

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share:
%d bloggers like this: