Sure DSP amplifier boards  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

Kevin Kendrick
(@kevin-kendrick)
Estimable Member Registered
08/08/2019 5:15 pm  

@bjaurelio

Nick and I agree with you 100%, these could be game changers. The possibilities are pretty exciting when you think about it. From what we've read, studied, and discussed so far, the ICP3 can be used one of two ways. One is basic/limited programming with it's Bluetooth app. The second way is directly hooked to the computer via usb which allows the full use of the Sigma software. Until we've actually done it, can't say for sure, but that's our interpretation so far. Hope to get this project to the top of the list soon. Thanks for checking it out.

BTW, they do offer a couple of mono amps, a 60 watt version and a 100 watt version, both with the DSP option. Unfortunately, the 100 watt wasn't in stock when I placed my order so I settled for two of the 2x50watt versions for now. SURE said it was in production and would be available again within a few weeks, so it should be there now. 

ReplyQuote
bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
Trusted Member Registered
09/08/2019 12:24 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

I wonder if there's a way to utilize the extra outputs on the ADAU1701 for the mono DSP units. That would make them more useful.

As I've thought about this more, the stand alone DSP with extension board, 2x50 watt non-DSP amp for tweeters, and 2x100 watt non-DSP amp for woofers all inside an aluminum case would make a very flexible stereo 2-way speaker design kit. You could pick any tweeter/woofer combo you want, build an optimized box for the woofer, measure, and then easily create a crossover.

ReplyQuote

Kevin Kendrick
(@kevin-kendrick)
09/08/2019 12:49 pm  

@bjaurelio

You are definitely thinking along the same lines as Nick and I. If you would like to join in on this adventure, we'd be glad to have you along. Based on Nicks current schedule and mine, I'm thinking we'll still be a few more weeks before starting to look at it more seriously. That would leave plenty of time for you to place an order with SURE in whatever configuration you might be thinking of.

Believe Nick only purchased the ICP3 and 2x50watt DSP amp, where as I purchased the ADAU1701, the ICP3 and two of the 2x50watt DSP amps. I'm also kicking around the idea of integrating these with one of the ICE amp modules for a later project.

ReplyQuote
bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
09/08/2019 1:18 pm  

It would be fun to join, but for now I'm going to have to pass. While managing a new job, temporary apartment, and other ongoing projects, I don't think I can take on a new project. This is something I will be following closely. I am very interested in this for a future project of living room speakers for the living room in the new house. Current rough idea is 1" Peerless corundum tweeter in SEOS 8 with 8" SB ceramic in an MLTL.

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
09/08/2019 1:37 pm  

@kevin-kendrick

That is all I bought right now.  But once I figure out Sigma, then I will be buying the rest.  Then working with some of the Icepower boards on hand.  To see what I can come up with.  I would be cool to run a 200watt integrated subwoofer in a powered tower with a powered mtm on top running at 50watts or so.  

ReplyQuote
bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
25/09/2019 11:58 am  

I was looking at the Wondom DSP unit, and I realized that it requires two extension boards for a 2 in 4 out configuration. After doing some more searching, I found what could be a great option for an ADAU 1701 2 in 4 out DSP on the cheap. Just add 4 channels of amplification, and you're all set. They even have a 4x 100w amp that can power the DSP board.

ADAU1701-2In4Out

ReplyQuote

Kevin Kendrick
(@kevin-kendrick)
19/11/2019 6:10 pm  

Have run into something a bit perplexing on the Sure amplifier. The attached photo is with no DSP applied, just a test measurement on the tweeter with and without a passive crossover. Three amps were used on the same tweeter and same crossover. The black lines are from an Icepower 125asx2, the blue lines are from a Dayton APA-150, and the violet lines are from the Sure amp.

Notice how the Ice and APA-150 amps line up almost perfectly both ways. Yet the unfiltered response of the Sure shows the top end dropping off. Weird thing is the filtered response on the Sure amp didn't mimic the other two amps. It actually lifted the area around 13.5K and tilted the rest of the response down from there. What the heck is going on with the top end of this amp? 

20191116 164717

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
19/11/2019 9:09 pm  

How to check mine out tonight and get back to you. I have a ice testing amplifier as well. I'll see if mine follows the same characteristic. 

ReplyQuote

Page 4 / 4

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register