Clear all

$3500 Speakers for $350? Klipsch KL-650 Inspiration

Page 30 / 30

Remy.Alexander
(@remy-alexander)
Active Member Registered

Posted by: @123toid

@remy-alexander 

You can always substitute the Dayton for the ERSE 1.0 and 3.0.  They are direct substitutes. 

That's cool- Should I wait for V2 to drop? or is it more expensive? 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@remy-alexander 

V2 will be at least $50 more each speaker built. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

cristidumi
(@cristidumi)
Active Member Registered

hello all,

I have started making the boxes for the V1 and I don't have yet the waveguides and would like to finish the cutouts for the front panels. with this in mind I don't have the full dimensions for the waveguide.

Can someone help me with the exact height, width and the lip which I need to recess in the front panel to have it flush.

Thanks in advance!

ReplyQuote
cristidumi
(@cristidumi)
Active Member Registered

hello, 

I am back, does anyone have the plans so I can find someone local with a CNC router?

I tried the port and the waveguide and I don't have a proper linear jig for my router. The circles for the midrange I can do no problem (got the jig). But I have already wasted two front pieces in my attempts. I can't afford to keep trying.

If someone can help with the plans for the fronts I would greatly appreciate. My email is cristi_dumi8@yahoo.com

Thanks

ReplyQuote

cristidumi
(@cristidumi)
Active Member Registered

hello @123toid

can you help me with the plans? It would help a lot, I don't have the waveguide yet to model the exact dimensions and also the radius of the corners. If you can't send the plans for them at least can you provide the dimensions for the horn cutout(Length, width, first depth and the interior dimensions plus the radius of the corners)?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)
Eminent Member Registered

@cristidumi

toid was kind enough to give us these plans, and he offers his help out of a love for diy. He also sells plans & flat packs...it's a business, not a charity. You might contact him about a price for the baffles. So far as him giving you programs... he has a job, family and projects of his own, so be patient and when he's able, he'll post  whether that's an option.

Tnkman liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@cristidumi 

I can tell you what I put into my CNC, but honestly it doesn't hold the greatest tolerances, so it could be way off for you. The best thing is to wait for the waveguide and go from there. I have a new CNC that I am setting up that will hold much tighter tolerances and I will have to redo all my files because of it. 

Here are the dimensions I used, although I still wouldn't recommend using them.

12.13 x 6.6 with a 1" radius

The internal was 10.5 x 5 with a 1" radius

Pocket of 0.24"

ReplyQuote
cristidumi
(@cristidumi)
Active Member Registered

hello,

Thanks @grumpe1 for stating the obvious, I was not aiming for the cnc files if someone could provide for me the details he just provided. I don't have the waveguides to use them as templates or to measure them accurately. I have ordered the parts from PE and its another 1-2 monts until I get the waveguides, until then I can finish the enclosures.

@123toid thanks again for your reply, the dimensions you provided are enough that I can create my own files to use on the local cnc. If these dimensions are used for your enclosures I am satisfied with the tolerances.

If I seem demanding I am sorry, that was not my intention. I was frustrated because I started making the baffles and I did the midrange cutouts for all 5 enclosures and boke 2 of them trying to do the port and waveguide.

thanks for understanding and keep up the good work.

GrumpE1 liked
ReplyQuote

wireburn
(@wireburn)
New Member Registered

Short time lurker, first time poster.  Thank you @123toid for making these plans available!  I'm building 3 for my LCR.  Parts finally landed after months of waiting and I'm excited to get started. I will post some build pics as I can. I'm not as fast as I used to be...

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Honorable Member Moderator

For those that have been looking and waiting, the WaveGuide is back in stock!

-Charlie
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTrueVoiceOfReason

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tvor-ceasar Yeah it is!

ReplyQuote
123Toid