Notifications
Clear all

$3500 Speakers for $350? Klipsch KL-650 Inspiration

Page 36 / 38

Remy.Alexander
(@remy-alexander)
Active Member Registered

@123Toid

Odd- Never had an issue with tuning before.  I did Two 1"X6X6" as WinISD said ta do. And THere is 0 bass. Audyssey and Rew see them as 200+hz. My Klipsch R41M(1 4" driver) have more boom-

Possible XO dink up? I dont see how as there is only a LPF on woofers not HPF= 

15"X17"X12" 3/4"MDF.  

200ish HZ would have been equal to same volume sealed for these woofers. 

ReplyQuote
Newby
(@newby)
Active Member Registered

@cobaltjeh thanks will try that 

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@remy-alexander 

It's impossible to say. Do you have Dats?  f so, you should do an impedance sweep on it.

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
20210922 225858

Just deciding on what to watch for a movie. All three V2's are up and running. 

Dave13, GrumpE1, ajc9988 and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote

Arnout
(@arnout)
Active Member Registered

Hi guys,

i have a nooby crossover question.  i know wich crossover part to get for the V1 version. i got all the stuff expect for the crossover parts. I know the values of the capacitor. the question i have is about the inductors.

expample : one of the inductor specified in the crossover is a 3.0 mH.  and i think it is 0.36 ohm.  is the ohm part really of much important.  because i somehow lost all the ohm values for all the inductors.

what happens when the ohm value is not correct. does this effect the crossover. and if so can somebody help me getting the right ohm values for the inductors??

thank you.

ReplyQuote
Newby
(@newby)
Active Member Registered

@arnout where did you get your parts from and I do believe they do make a difference that's why they have to be a exact number 

ReplyQuote

GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)
Trusted Member Registered

Posted by: @arnout

is the ohm part really of much important

Don't concern with the resistance of the Inductor.  Inductor's are rated in Henry's, and so a .75 mH (milla Henry) coil is just that... there aren't sub categories by resistance.

An iron core Coil will have a different resistance (ohm's) than an air core coil. However, they are interchangeable for our needs. An 18 gage coil will have a different resistance than a 22 or 16 gage...

It might matter from an electrical engineering perspective... but for our needs... not so much...

"...help me getting the right ohm values..."

No resistance specs were given for the Inductor's, just Henry's.

ReplyQuote
Arnout
(@arnout)
Active Member Registered

@grumpe1 super thank you for the great answer. that is what i thought but wanted to make sure.

when i see crossovers aircoils are used for the highs.  and the iron coils more for the lows?

ReplyQuote

Arnout
(@arnout)
Active Member Registered

@newby i live in the Netherlands. 

the horns and compressiondriver i bought at soundimports.  it is a company in the netherlands.

the faital pro i bought in france.  toutlehautparleur.com

Newby liked
ReplyQuote
Newby
(@newby)
Active Member Registered

@arnout the reason I ask that if I saw them I might be able to tell you which one is which ,I'm a new guy at this process too trying to help 

ReplyQuote

GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)

Posted by: @arnout

...aircoils are used for the highs.  and the iron coils more for the lows?

Yes, and the primary reason is cost! The low end needs higher values which translates to bigger air coils... more copper, more money. Iron core coils aren't so good as air core but the difference doesn't reveal itself when used on the low end.

If you have trouble finding a correct size iron core for the lows, you can use an air core in it's place... but it will cost more, and be larger.

But don't do it the other way around... if you can't find the correct air core for the high end...don't settle for an iron core.  

wireburn liked
ReplyQuote
Dave13
(@dave13)
Active Member Registered

Couple newbie questions here.  🙂

I'm getting ready to place a parts order for the Cinema 6 V2.

The Eminence H290B Waveguide is on backorder.  Is the Celestion H1-9040P a suitable replacement?  (It's on backorder too, but hopefully in a lot sooner).  Both are 90x40 2 bolt/3 bolt, but the Eminance is a bi-radial whereas the Celestion is an exponential.

Also, they don't have enough of the B&C DE250-8 1" Polyimide Horn Driver.  Is there a good substitute?  Or am I better off just waiting until they get all the parts that I need?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote

GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)

Posted by: @dave13

Or am I better off just waiting until they get all the parts that I need?

Wait, you'll be better off.

Different Waveguide + Different Driver = different speaker! you'd no longer have the Cinema 6, and would need a different cross over...

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@dave13 

I swear every time I create a new speaker some part goes on backorder.  Is it that everyone is buying them? Or just coincidence?  Either way, it looks like it is a short backorder.  At least hopefully.  Ironically, I designed the V2 partially due to the fact that V1's waveguide (H6512) was always on backorder.  

Having said that, you will want to wait for the correct drivers as @@grumpe1 has so perfectly stated. It does appear the B&C are available on ebay: only two left, so you better hurry if you want them. It also appears the waveguides are also on ebay. 

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Just finished the V2 video.  What do you guys think?

ReplyQuote
Page 36 / 38

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: