Beginner Speaker Bu...

Notifications
Clear all

Beginner Speaker Build Project

jbucap
(@jbucap)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hey there my name is Jeff, I am new to the DIY speaker process been watching toids videos for a bit. I've been wanting to do a Power sound audio mt-110 bookshelf build. I've heard good things about them. I know they use the bc de-250 and eminence 10" woofer. So I started just messing around with Xsim software wanted to post my crossover I have designed I am not sure if its even close or not especially the impedance graph... Got lots to learn but excited to try and build my own set of speakers. Looking for some pointers and willing to learn from others. Thanks.

FrequencyResp
Crossover
Impedance

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jbucap

First, the crossover response looks great! You appear to be exactly in phase shown by the 6db from the crossover point to the final response above it. As far as the impedance, that might be a little off.  It really depends on what will be driving it.  But your entire tweeter has impedance has been changed from 8ohm to closer to 4ohm.  I would try to raise it closer to 6.5ohm.  One easy way to do this is to put a 1.5 ohm resistor before your tweeter crossover.  However keep in mind that this will change the shape of your curve. Another way would be to try to increase your inductor size on your tweeter.  It is hard to say without having the actual files. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

jbucap
(@jbucap)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid awesome thanks for the tips I will try those out to see if I can get a better impedance for the tweeter. I'll be running them off a denon receiver so getting closer to 8 ohms would be ideal. 

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: