Emotiva: Shop Now

Bluetooth speaker enclosure  

RSS

lucianbaban
(@lucianbaban)
New Member Registered
05/10/2020 9:33 am  

Hello,

I am new to DIY. I am trying to build a low budget bluetooth speakers. For this i have 2x Visaton FR 10 HM - 8 Ohm and dual Channel Bluetooth Digital Power Amplifier Wireless Board 2x50W TDA7492P. I am having no clue how to calculate enclosure for this build. I have tried using an excel from some topics below, but all those numbers and details left me dumb. Does anyone have any plans for this setup, or where i can find any.

Product specs:

removed link

If the product link is an issue please remove it. Thank you.

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
06/10/2020 10:24 am  
@lucianbaban
Nice looking choice for drivers. A check of the specs shows some interesting things.

1. These are good for automotive use which means they are more for open baffle type setups where you have very large amounts of space behind the driver (Door mounted, deck lids, etc.)
2. The Qts of 1.44 pretty much confirms this.
3. The calculated EBP comes up to 62.8, which suggests a sealed box, but I am somewhat skeptical of that.

I think the best way to work these drivers is to build a couple of test boxes where you have one that is a sealed box and then try it as an open back, similar to a guitar combo amp.

Start with both drivers mounted in a box that is minimally about 0.5 CuFt or 14 L to see how it sounds. the bigger the box, the better it should sound, up to a point. You'll have to balance between size and portability and sound quality.

Also, don't worry about the links not showing up. When you have enough posts, that won't happen.

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/10/2020 10:45 pm  
Posted by: @lucianbaban

Hello,

I am new to DIY. I am trying to build a low budget bluetooth speakers. For this i have 2x Visaton FR 10 HM - 8 Ohm and dual Channel Bluetooth Digital Power Amplifier Wireless Board 2x50W TDA7492P. I am having no clue how to calculate enclosure for this build. I have tried using an excel from some topics below, but all those numbers and details left me dumb. Does anyone have any plans for this setup, or where i can find any.

Product specs:

removed link

If the product link is an issue please remove it. Thank you.

The link isn't an issue.  It's just that you do not have enough posts yet, to post a link.  The QTS of this driver does lend itself well to an pen baffle like TVOR said.  Having said that, that is just basically a large sealed box.  SO a sealed alignment for this driver will be best.  You'll have a little leeway with this.  Most high Q drivers, have a pretty good tolerance for box size.  

I have been sick all week, and am just now starting to feel a little better.  But if you want a good box size, you can try out WinISD.  I'll link the videos here.  We can help you figure out which is best once you get some simulations done.  If you aren't sure how to use it.  Here are some basic instructions. And this site should provide you with all the data needed to input the driver.

ReplyQuote
lucianbaban
(@lucianbaban)
New Member Registered
07/10/2020 6:39 am  

Thank you guys for taking the time to answer me. Regarding what you told me, i've imported all the data in WinISD, but all i get is graphs. I wanted to know if there is something for dummies. Something like this:

Untitled

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now

%d bloggers like this: