Notifications
Clear all

DSP

Mikekel
(@mikekel)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any experience with minidsp, specifically the DDRC-88A but insite into any model would be good.  I'm building a HTPC as a source and I'm weighing up if I should use the PC to handle my DSP or use a separate module ie something like minidsp. I have heard a few times around the traps that the analog output on the minidsp is pretty sub par but that seems to be mostly aimed at the original 2x4 model. Is the quality of the more expensive units better? Would it be with my time/effort to learn how to set up the PC for DSP and room correction? What hardware/ software would I need for the PC to attain similar functionality to the minidsp? 

Thanks in advance for any help

123Toid liked
Topic Tags
DSP
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @mikekel

Does anyone have any experience with minidsp, specifically the DDRC-88A but insite into any model would be good.  I'm building a HTPC as a source and I'm weighing up if I should use the PC to handle my DSP or use a separate module ie something like minidsp. I have heard a few times around the traps that the analog output on the minidsp is pretty sub par but that seems to be mostly aimed at the original 2x4 model. Is the quality of the more expensive units better? Would it be with my time/effort to learn how to set up the PC for DSP and room correction? What hardware/ software would I need for the PC to attain similar functionality to the minidsp? 

Thanks in advance for any help

If you are on Facebook, Brian Zeng, is on Loudspeaker Project Pad.  He has some of the best smallest speakers I have ever heard.  He uses his computer only for DSP.  He claims it to be far superior to the Mini DSP or Dayton Audio.  I would look him up and see what he uses.

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Mikekel
(@mikekel)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid

Thanks Nick, I did a quick FB search and it turns out Brian Zeng is a rather popular name... You would happen to know which Brian by any chance would you? Also, I'm not a big FB user so if this question sounds dumb then it probably is... 🤷‍♂️

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@mikekel

I would just join Loudspeaker Project Pad.  He is a moderator there.  THat is the best way to reach him.

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Mikekel
(@mikekel)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid

🤣 Sorry, I didn't read that last comment properly it seems. Cheers

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share: