For future atmos build: Large bookshelf  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

DIYAudiphileElliottBridge
(@diyaudiphileelliottbridge)
Eminent Member Registered
10/10/2019 2:43 am  

@123toid

Sorry Toid, I just tested it and it doesn't seem to fix that little bump, it just makes the highs go a bit crazy with power! Ignore the positive and negative degrees that is just how the listener would hear it because of my possibly innovative baffle design. I can't wait to build it and actually test it! Thank you for the help though.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
11/10/2019 12:20 am  

That's too bad, that particular filter didn't work.  A notch filter should take care of that area for you.  The values should be fairly close to what you need for the ND140.  Did you try it with the ND140 only?  If not, I would try that, to make sure the highs going wonky isn't something that the tweeter is doing to that area.  Either way, I would encourage you to try to work on that 1-2Khz section.  If not, it will most likely have a very harsh sounding speaker that might be unpleasant to listen to.  Of course, this all comes down to your preference.  I am excited to see the final project.  It is getting very interesting.

ReplyQuote

11/10/2019 2:35 am  

@123toid

Why thank you.  I've finally done the polar response differences between the usual way of doing things and the thing I have done them, although depending on how the project might turn out I might not be able to show the final design as I might patent it if it works. Sorry 🙁

But I can still show you the polar response differences!

Comparison

On the left is what I call controlled room dispersion 'mode', and on the left is your usual arrangement... 🙂

By the way, the CRDM isn't digital it is fully analog and partly about the speaker design itself.

It has a purpose I just can't tell you. I am so sorry. 🙁

ReplyQuote
13/10/2019 3:42 am  

I have now fixed the crossover bumps though. It just needed some value changes! No more components are necessary! 🙂

ReplyQuote

Page 2 / 2

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register