Internet radio speaker, is it possible?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
27/08/2020 12:00 am  
Posted by: @dameo182

Out of curiosity ive just taken a look at the power supply of that radio, its only 9v 2amp, so is the amplifier likely to only be 2x9watt? So ill have to upgrade the amp and the power supply if im to put better sounding drivers in this setup? 

I would be surprised if it is even as high as a 5W/ch stereo amp. You have to remember that all the rest of the electronics need power too. And with all the stuff crammed in there, I would guess that just about 1/2 the available power would go to all the connectivity, decoders and display, and the rest would be for the amp(s).

Really, though, that's not that bad for a table radio / boombox type of thing as long as you have efficient enough speakers. Shame they don't give you any good technical specs to go by. When you finally get a chance to crack it open, you could locate the amp chip and we could look at the datasheet to see just what you've got to work with.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
27/08/2020 12:26 am  

Hey Nick, happy belated birthday from another Virgo. You're only 2 days (and just a few years) younger than me and congratulations on the anniversary!

Yeah, today I become The Red Rocker's most famous song. (It is after midnight, so it is today...)

**(For those who may not know the reference.)

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
27/08/2020 1:51 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

Excellent! Happy Birthday to you as well! 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
%d bloggers like this: