Notifications
Clear all

Make your ears Bleed Front 3  

grew
 grew
(@grew)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

so this is currently what I'm trying to do is to design an box and a passive crossover for these guys

Run a 2 way speaker setup (MTM) with a coaxial for the mids/highs
B&C 8CXN51 8" Professional Neodymium Coaxial Speaker 100 x 100 8 Ohm

and then 2 12" drivers for the mids/lows
B&C 12NDL76 12" Neodymium Woofer Speaker Driver

Looks like I might be able to get away crossing them over at around 800-1000

I will build the cabinets myself and the only space constraints are the center channel can't be more than 21" tall.

I literally have zero knowledge in this area, but I am very detail oriented and think that for the speakers that I've been looking at putting this together for $1,000/speaker would be amazing.

Please feel free to tear this idea apart or give me better alternatives.

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @grew

so this is currently what I'm trying to do is to design an box and a passive crossover for these guys

Run a 2 way speaker setup (MTM) with a coaxial for the mids/highs
B&C 8CXN51 8" Professional Neodymium Coaxial Speaker 100 x 100 8 Ohm

and then 2 12" drivers for the mids/lows
B&C 12NDL76 12" Neodymium Woofer Speaker Driver

Looks like I might be able to get away crossing them over at around 800-1000

I will build the cabinets myself and the only space constraints are the center channel can't be more than 21" tall.

I literally have zero knowledge in this area, but I am very detail oriented and think that for the speakers that I've been looking at putting this together for $1,000/speaker would be amazing.

Please feel free to tear this idea apart or give me better alternatives.

Sounds like a cool idea.  It ends up being a 3 way MTM.  I love the idea.  Especially with this type of efficiency. However, I am a little confused with the crossover points.

You will need two crossover points.  One for thetweeter and the mid of the compression driver (there is no crossover for that) and then one for the mid to the 12" woofers. By the looks of it, that tweeter will want to crossover by 2Khz. With this in mind, I would be looking to crossover the sub much sooner, probably closer to baffle step region or sooner(by 500hz).

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

grew
 grew
(@grew)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid Awesome thanks. i Just Bought the drivers to make 1. I have a feeling this might take a couple of iterations with the box and the crossover to get it right.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@grew

That is not uncommon.  Someone once asked Andrew Jones how he knew his speaker design was complete.  He simply responded, when someone higher up tells me I can't work on it any longer 🤣 The point being, is we can always tweak a little at a time.  But that is part of the hobby and what we enjoy about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

grew liked
ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: