connecting bass shaker to a pc  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
13/04/2020 10:44 am  

hi all, my name is mleczko and i am new here 😀

so i've got aurasound ast-2b-4 pro bass shaker tactile transducer and i want to connect it to my pc (mount to computer chair).

i haven't got a clue what cables do i need and how to connect it (i've got xonar d2x sound card and z906 logitech speaker system. it seems that i am gonna need an amplifier as well, what would be best? 

thanks in advance for advice, ml.

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/04/2020 11:41 am  

@mleczko how does your z906 hook up to your sound card?  This will affect how we hook up the bass shaker. 

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
13/04/2020 12:27 pm  

@123toid thanks for the quick reply

atm i bypass the card and use it through motherboard

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/04/2020 12:35 pm  

@mleczko

Does it hook up with just one 3.5mm jack to the sound card?

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
13/04/2020 1:16 pm  

@123toid 3 minijack cables

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/04/2020 6:57 pm  

@mleczko

We need more information to help you out.  Can you tell us where those cables plug into?

Basically, on your new sound card, you will be hooking up the bass shaker in the sub/C output. That will run to your amplifier that powers your bass shaker. Either your left or right will send a subwoofer signal, so you may have to experiment with which sends the signal.  

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
14/04/2020 4:35 am  

so cables from the speakers go into rear / csub and out minijacks

turns out my soundcard needs floppy power cable which i need to buy seprately. any advice what cable to buy?

thanks

ReplyQuote
DIYAudiphileElliottBridge
(@diyaudiphileelliottbridge)
Estimable Member Registered
17/04/2020 6:18 am  

@mleczko

Any photographs or diagrams would be useful as I personally don't understand what you are referring to. Just a bit more of a detailed explanation would be great if you could. 🙂

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
17/04/2020 7:33 am  

@diyaudiphileelliottbridge

IMG 20200417 122738

ReplyQuote
17/04/2020 7:40 am  

@mleczko

Ok, you will want a stereo to mono splitter type jack and then get a mono amplifier rated at the right wattage for your bass shaker, hook the amp to your bass shaker. Then you are done. I'm not sure what you mean by the floppy power cable though. 🤔

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
17/04/2020 7:43 am  

Thanks for quick reply. It's the cable to power the sound card, bought one but it's wrong. I am quite retarded with those things, would u mind linking the right stuff I need to buy, amazon would be best? 

ReplyQuote
17/04/2020 7:48 am  

@mleczko

Could you tell me which bass shaker you have? Also if you show a picture of what the socket looks like for that power cord you need to buy I might be able to recommend the right one. Just one more check: Are you planning to output the audio for the bass shaker out of the onboard audio (Centre/Sub) or your sound card?

Edit: I just saw the previous posts, so just know that when you start using your sound card you will need yet another different cable (looks like RCA) for outputting the signal

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
17/04/2020 9:06 am  

@diyaudiphileelliottbridge

shaker model is aurasound ast 2b 4 pro, sound card is xonar d2x. the power cable goes from psu (i think) to sound card, unfortunately my cx750 doesn't have one. bought a couple, always wrong fs.

i did do a bit of digging before posting here, and this is the list of parts i came up with:

3.5mm to 2-Male RCA Adapter Cable

Nobsound Mini Bluetooth Power Amplifier; Stereo Hi-Fi Digital Amp 2.0 Channel 50W×2

Aux Cable 3.5mm Audio Cable

does that sound right to you?

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
17/04/2020 11:27 pm  

@mleczko

You can use the soundcard built into your motherboard.  One of those connections is labeled c/sub.  YOu need to split the sub signal, so that it will run to you logitech sub and your bass shaker.  At least that is the easiest way I can think of to do it. 

ReplyQuote
mleczko
(@mleczko)
Active Member Registered
18/04/2020 4:33 am  

@123toid OK, all I need basically is the list of things to buy, are my parts listed the right ones to buy? Plus what kind of splitter do I need? 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
%d bloggers like this: