Forum

Help me build my 4K UHD Collection  

RSS

bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
Trusted Member Registered
04/09/2019 10:15 pm  

I'm finally making the upgrade from my 8 year old plasma to an OLED. Since I have an Xbox One X, I also have a UHD Blu-Ray player. What movies should I be placing on my list to watch for sales? I know I need to get some of the Marvel movies. We used to have the entire phase 1 set on blu-ray, but I sold them about two years ago when I found out how much the set was selling for and hoping they would be released in an HDR format in the future. We do own Mad Max and Wonder Woman in the new format. I'm surprised the Lord of the Rings trilogy has not been remastered to HDR and continue to keep an eye out for its announced release. What are your favorite UHD Blu-Ray disks?

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
04/09/2019 10:21 pm  

I'm going to admit, I am very jealous of you. I'm hoping that once I move I can buy an LG OLED. Those televisions are phenomenal! I don't have 4K right now. But one movie that I bet would look absolutely amazing if it's in 4k and HDR would be speed racer. I know it's not the greatest movie in the world, but those colors are just phenomenal. Even in 1080P it looks really great. Having said all that, I use this site a lot to help make some decisions of based off audio and video quality. https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/reviews.html

ReplyQuote

bjaurelio
(@bjaurelio)
Trusted Member Registered
07/09/2019 11:35 am  

@123toid

That looks like a great resource. I'll certainly use that. I found out there's a good market on eBay for buying discounted UHD disks without the digital code. Since I prefer the disk and don't care about the digital copy, it's a good deal.

ReplyQuote

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register