A suggestion....  

RSS

Douglas Blake
(@douglas-blake)
Estimable Member Registered
28/05/2019 10:29 am  

A forum for beginners, sharing very basic speaker design concepts and electronic principles might be a good idea.  

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Estimable Member Admin
28/05/2019 10:47 am  

I love that idea.  Where do you think it should go and or be called?

ReplyQuote

Douglas Blake
(@douglas-blake)
28/05/2019 11:06 am  

What I had in mind was a separate branch were beginners can go to ask the most very basic of questions... Think of it as a "How do I get started" area for those who are on their first project ideas. 

Maybe call it "Getting Started" .... ???

Sub branches could be created for Speakers, Amplifiers and Basic Electronics.  So we could help them with basic theory and general concepts.

An afterthought ... you could also insert a "For Beginners" branch into each of the existing branches... 

Also ... is it possible to make the whole thing a bit wider, especially the conversations area?  On my screen it looks like newspaper columns  which aren't great for reading comprehension.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Estimable Member Admin
28/05/2019 11:20 am  

I'll get started on a Beginner Area.  I think that is a good idea.  As far as making the screen bigger, I am working on that.  I do not have an ETA on it yet though.  It is a little more complicated than I would like to admit (or at least for me). 

ReplyQuote

Douglas Blake
(@douglas-blake)
28/05/2019 11:26 am  

Looking forward to the beginner's area.  

The screen proportions are usually in a part of the WP theme known as Cascading Style Sheets (file extension CSS) and you're right, it's a massive pain to edit and manage. So no worries... that wasn't the important part 😎 

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Estimable Member Admin
28/05/2019 11:34 am  

Thank you for that. 

ReplyQuote

Douglas Blake
(@douglas-blake)
28/05/2019 12:13 pm