Question / suggesti...

Question / suggestion  

RSS

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Eminent Member Registered
29/05/2019 8:19 pm  

Have you given any thought to a "Resources" thread? One that has a branch that would contain a physical resource, ie, a store or website that sells stuff such as Parts Express and another branch that would contain links to information such as tutorials, schematics and the like. 

Like I said in another reply, I have many old links - almost 20 years worth, and even though a good portion are no longer active, there are quite a few that still work. If they will help someone, I'd be happy to share. 

-Charlie

123Toid
(@123toid)
Estimable Member Admin
29/05/2019 8:39 pm  

I think this is a fantastic idea.  I'll get on it.  If you have any suggestions on things you would like to add, Let me know.  I have quite a few that I think would be helpful.  Thanks for the awesome idea!  We can keep it as a rolling list and update as needed.

ReplyQuote

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Eminent Member Registered
29/05/2019 10:14 pm  

For parts, there are quite a few, and I'll have to get on the computer to get at some of them.

First off is the big one in DIY for the audio community - Parts Express

A company I used for a lot of stuff back in the day was MCM Electronics, now under the ownership of Newark. They have a decent selection of drivers as well as all manner of other parts for electronics and more traditional ready solutions.

For electronics parts there's Digikey, Mouser, and Jameco.

There are more, but that's enough of them for now.

If there's one website that a DIYer should peruse, I'd strongly suggest Elliot Sound Products (ESP). So much info that you just have to explore it for yourself.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

Share: