Question / suggesti...

Question / suggestion  

RSS

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Estimable Member Registered
29/05/2019 8:19 pm  

Have you given any thought to a "Resources" thread? One that has a branch that would contain a physical resource, ie, a store or website that sells stuff such as Parts Express and another branch that would contain links to information such as tutorials, schematics and the like. 

Like I said in another reply, I have many old links - almost 20 years worth, and even though a good portion are no longer active, there are quite a few that still work. If they will help someone, I'd be happy to share. 

-Charlie

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
29/05/2019 8:39 pm  

I think this is a fantastic idea.  I'll get on it.  If you have any suggestions on things you would like to add, Let me know.  I have quite a few that I think would be helpful.  Thanks for the awesome idea!  We can keep it as a rolling list and update as needed.

ReplyQuote

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
29/05/2019 10:14 pm  

For parts, there are quite a few, and I'll have to get on the computer to get at some of them.

First off is the big one in DIY for the audio community - Parts Express

A company I used for a lot of stuff back in the day was MCM Electronics, now under the ownership of Newark. They have a decent selection of drivers as well as all manner of other parts for electronics and more traditional ready solutions.

For electronics parts there's Digikey, Mouser, and Jameco.

There are more, but that's enough of them for now.

If there's one website that a DIYer should peruse, I'd strongly suggest Elliot Sound Products (ESP). So much info that you just have to explore it for yourself.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
11/08/2019 11:40 pm  

Here's a pair that can be helpful when you are not at home and could use at least a ballpark guesstimate.

For boxes: https://www.diyaudioandvideo.com  

For crossovers: https://www.v-cap.com/speaker-crossover-calculator.php

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
12/08/2019 2:00 am  

Thanks.  I am going to try to compile a list to have out before I move.  I appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
12/08/2019 2:03 am  

That's the nice thing about the internet, it doesn't move around when you do. As long as this site stays up, you have time to do what you need.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

Atranzs2000
(@atranzs2000)
New Member Registered
14/08/2019 2:41 pm  

I'm planning to build the Dayton sound bar. Is there a pre built off the shelf crossover I can buy? This will be my first build. Or mabe you can help me with the crossover build.

Regards,

Atran

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
14/08/2019 3:13 pm  

@atranzs2000

There isn't a prebuilt crossover.  If you want to build a soundbar, you may want to wait until my next one.  THat one does not use a crossover.  So it is very easy to build.

ReplyQuote

Atranzs2000
(@atranzs2000)
New Member Registered
14/08/2019 3:22 pm  

@123toid

Great, right now I have av receiver powering a 5.1 surround sound, but I want to eliminate the speaker and use a soundbar, or build a sound bar that has a built in amp. 

Regards,

Atran

ReplyQuote
pwarren3030
(@pwarren3030)
Active Member Registered
24/08/2019 9:08 pm  

@123toid

Hello 123Toid, 

I enjoy your videos and I've started my own project. Its a system inside a plastic milkcrate and I'm making a video about it which I will post when its completed. 

Im posting in reply to you since I can't see how to start a new question. 

My question is does anyone know of a horn tweeter with good performance and budget cost?

My build so far is a 6.5 inch Vifa woofer in a 300x300x200 ported box. Fosi 2.1 BT amp 2x50 + 100W with 24Vx6A power supply. The amp, ps and 2 horn tweeters need to fit in 300x300x100 space. so each horn must fit in approx 100x100x300 space. I think its feasible.

Sorry for the metrics. I'm from Australia. 100mm is 4 inches.

Look forward to any replies and I invite anyone to join me on this weird journey of dicovery.

Cheers Peter Warren.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Share: