Clear all

Emotiva: Shop Now

Build ideas - Folded horn and subs in riser  

RSS

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Trusted Member Registered
05/07/2020 7:43 pm  

The line I heard first when scrolling part way in was subs could be felt from 100m down the street.

Looks pretty clean, and I would likely never take the time to do it, but I like the blue ambience LEDs

Disclaimer: I've been in the forum long enough to know a couple things, but have yet to actually do a speaker build myself =)

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
07/07/2020 1:52 am  

@imcokeman It is a great idea to use up unsed space.  The only concern I would have is how other waves would interact with it.  Typically a riser you want it insulated so bass waves won't get trapped in the empty cavity.  In this case, he has subwoofers in there, so problem solved.  However, I wonder if his speakers are large, if that would still have an effect.  Probably minimal to none if you have your distances and delays set correctly.  The mroe I think about it.  THe more I love the idea!

ReplyQuote

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Trusted Member Registered
07/07/2020 5:42 pm  

How bout this: you build it, do some tests with your uglies before the box is in, then after with some crazy subwoofers and then if you don't like it I'll pay for the insulation* to fill the box so it is how you "used to think" it should be =)  

*I have to hear it in person and agree with you for insulation payment

Disclaimer: I've been in the forum long enough to know a couple things, but have yet to actually do a speaker build myself =)

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
07/07/2020 7:21 pm  

Interesting that you posted about this first, but here's another YT vid where they talk about something similar. If you are interested, give it a watch. There's some other places to check out for more info.

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now

%d bloggers like this: