Notifications
Clear all

Dayton Audio DSP-LF Low Frequency DSP Controller  

RSS

LionelC
(@lionelc)
Eminent Member Registered
10/03/2020 9:36 am  

Toid, I just ordered one of these to try and clean up my sub response in my home theater set up. But I don't have IOS, just Android phones. Can you maybe review this thing and give us Android users some advise on how to get the most out of it?

If you don't use IOS you can not use the IWoofer Pro version so no auto room correction.

Thanks,

LionelC

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
10/03/2020 2:25 pm  

I'll see what I can do.  That is crazy the woofer pro is not on android.  Typically it is the other way around.  DO you have a friend that might come over with his iPhone.  Help you out for the low low cost of just being a friend 😉  

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
11/03/2020 2:19 pm  

Google Play lists iWoofer from Artem Khlyupin. Only 100+ downloads as of this particular moment. The What's New lists "this version correctly imports presets in Andriod 6.0 and later. The screenshots look a lot like the screenshots on the webpage (PartsExpress). Indeed, the Google play link takes you to the same one I found via my phone.

So it looks like the Pro version is only on IOS, but you can use the Standard version on Android. (That, and at the bottom of PE's page, it charts what is available on Standard and Pro.)

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
11/03/2020 3:58 pm  

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, now that I think of It my daughter does have an I phone.

So Can I use the Iwoofer pro on her phone to run the auto room correction first. Kina give me a starting point. Then just use my android to toon it from there?

I will just get it and play around with it and see how it works.

Hopefully it does what I need. I had been wanting to get a Mini DSP but it felt like a waste to get it for a single channel (LFE) only.

LionelC

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
12/03/2020 3:27 am  

@lionelc

I completely agree with the MiniDSP if you are only using it for a single subwoofer.  I should get my DSP-LF in tomorrow, but probably won't be able to fool around with it until next week.    

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
12/03/2020 3:28 am  

@tvor-ceasar

The cool thing with the Pro version is it should do an auto room calibration.  Which, for $5, would be well worth it (assuming it works well).  It is too bad they do not have it for Android.

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
12/03/2020 8:31 am  

Mine should be in in the next day or two also. If I do get it going this weekend I will post my initial thoughts on it.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/03/2020 1:10 pm  

Just received mine. Maybe I'll do a mini unboxing for everyone on the site.

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
01/04/2020 1:55 pm  

Got mine too!, just have not had time to mess with it. I would in the oil and gas industry and we are smashed at work.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
01/04/2020 2:31 pm  

@lionelc

I can only imagine.  I did my first impressions here: 

I'd be interested in if you shared mine or had anything I didn't think about. 

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
01/04/2020 3:18 pm  

I see you don't have iPhone either. I just ordered a used WiFi only I-pad of EBAY. It was $49.00 and should be good enough to do the DSP with.

At this rate I might have been better off with the Mini DSP, but too far into this to back out now. Hope it works as well as advertised.

LionelC

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
06/04/2020 1:51 pm  

My Ebay I-pad cam in and for $50.00 it was a steal. It works fine and I downloaded the iwoofer Pro.

After I ran the room correction it was a massive improvement over what I had. 

I went back in and adjusted the PEQ and just added a little "house curve" back in and wow.

I am very impressed on the bass response now. I am running a couple FI 18" subs infinite baffle, and my30 hz and bellow was so bloated it would shake walls and all you really heard were walls and furniture rattling. After the DSP the bass has impact and will startle you on some movie scenes. But the super low frequencies have been tamed so it much more natural.

Also, I can switch between movies, cable tv, and music without having to change any receiver or amp settings. Which I was having to do before to get the sound half way decent.

Cant wait to see your impressions of the DSP. 

LionelC

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
08/04/2020 12:04 am  

@lionelc

That is awesome!  I can't wait to work on mine. I have been trying to finish a few videos.  But I might just sneak away from that a little to get this finished.  For $60, it doesn't sound like you can really go wrong with it. 

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
08/04/2020 9:55 am  

Cant wait to see what you think of it. Now I just need to get a second one for my son's room as soon as they are back in stock.

LionelC

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
uncola
(@uncola)
New Member Registered
10/04/2020 2:59 pm  

Thanks for alerting me to this.  Long story short: a few months ago I got an XTZ 3x12 subwoofer on deep discount, which is big and uses three twelve inch drivers.  But it's slightly disappointing.  I'm wondering if it's because I recently stopped using an okyo receiver with audyssey.  Now I use a denon dn700avp processor which doesn't have room correction.  I just ordered this new dayton dsp, I hope it comes back in stock soon.  I already have an ipad for the software

Tip:  monoprice has the 3.5mm trs to rca adapters cheaper than amazon with cheaper shipping(for me anyway)

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: