Forum

DSP for Windows 7, ...

DSP for Windows 7, 8 and 10  

RSS

Speaker Builder
(@speaker-builder)
Reputable Member Registered
02/09/2019 6:59 pm  

In case people don't realize there is a full blown DSP software for windows computers.  It is available in both 32 and 64 bit versions and can be used with Windows 7, 8 and 10. 

You will want to download Windows Equalizer APO and follow the installation tutorial and reference documents ... 

The Equalizer APO is compatible with Room EQ Wizard which can measure a room and automatically create filters for the APO.

Now please be warned, this isn't your daddy's equalizer. This is full on DSP for Windows and it can do some really amazing stuff such as room correction, channel management, pre-amp functions, 12 and 31 band equalizers, custom filters and even device specific applications.

There is a learning curve... and it's kinda steep at times. But it does work... and it works very well.

The beginner method is to have REW create filters and then copy the text list to the APO's configuration directory, adding them to the config file. 

The more advanced method is to measure each speaker individually from your "sweet spot" and have individual filters made for each channel ... and, if your PC audio is up to it,  it is more than worth the effort to learn how to do this.

I've installed this on my own system, some time ago and have been putting it in my HTPC builds ever since... a total necessity for a Software Defined Home Theatre.

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
03/09/2019 11:10 am  

I have actually used this.  It really is a nice DSP.  The best part...it's free!  😆 

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register