Notifications
Clear all

Hello

CrazyYoda
(@crazyyoda)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello to all of the members of the forum 🙂

I decided to join this community based upon the videos that I have been enjoying by Toid's. I currently have built a set of c-note speakers during the pandemic as an exercise in not going insane. I then made some modifications to the design just to see what I could do. With this project completed and lessons learned I am going to embark on a full design from the ground up. I will be posting my design in the appropriate location if anyone is interested in the project.

My background with audio really began a long time ago in a galaxy far far...well you get the point. It was installing a stereo in my 73 ford Torino GT and I loved the process. We did a lot of stereo installs over the years when i was younger and eventually graduated to surround sound and laser disc setups. I loved my Klipsch legend series speakers for both movies and music but as things go my beloved audio equipment and I parted ways. (It did go with my ex wife so there was an upside) 

Now that I am older and my last child is going to be a senior next year, and my beloved wife is very supportive of my hobbies, I have decided to make a wood shop in our garage and build speakers as my first project once the shop is setup. 

I have an art and drafting degrees and have been designing for may years. Currently I do 3D design, drafting and engineering for a large sign company that handles automotive accounts for Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini as well as other automotive companies and "special projects" for places in the Orlando area.

I look forward to sharing ideas and learning from this broad community base.

Thanks

David 😎  

ajc9988 and 123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

david. Awesome to have you! The force will be with you on this journey. I can't wait to see what you come up with. It sounds like you have some really good ideas going on. It really does help to have the support of others in your life, so I'm glad you have that. Especially in this hobby. We'll definitely make sure to support you on the way and help out in any way that we can. I'm also really interested to see your woodshop build. I'd love to see pictures and things along the way. Feel free to post them anytime you want. I know others are interested in that as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

CrazyYoda
(@crazyyoda)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I will be sure to make a setup log for my meager shop 🤣. Thanks for your videos and excitement fir dyi audio.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: