Hello all the way f...

Hello all the way from The Netherlands!  

RSS

MartinFrunt
(@martinfrunt)
New Member Registered
28/11/2019 4:02 pm  

Hey guys! I'm Martin, 25yrs old from Holland. 

I've been fascinated with DIY audio for a few years now, experimenting with different drivers and simulating subwoofers for both my hifi system and in my car, challenging myself with every project designing a cabinet as compact and especially weird as possible..

I've been planning on building a Hifi set with Morel's car audio drivers.

Recently i've stumbled on the Dinas and that triggered my creativity once again.. My girlfriend'll love me......

I've watched every YouTube video there is about them (not that many unfortunately:( ) but i'm looking to find even more opinions and ideas here on this forum!

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Estimable Member Registered
28/11/2019 5:51 pm  

Welcome Martin! Come on in and ask away. Nick (123TOID) will be along with answers at some point - it is currently Thanksgiving Day here, so the food coma may take a while to wear off. 😉 

I like your style, compact and weird. Always like to think outside the box, in this case, literally. The art of the build is what makes this hobby so interesting. Can't wait to see what you build.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
29/11/2019 11:05 pm  

@martinfrunt welcome.  We are glad to have you. Obviously you know how I feel about the Dinas.  In fact, I just watched a movie with them. 😉  I absolutely love them.  I even showed them off at Thanksgiving.  I know you will get a lot of opinions, but I know for you @Lindelium18 heard them at MWAF.  Did you, @imcokeman ever hear them before I moved?  I can't remember. 

ReplyQuote
Lindelium18
(@lindelium18)
Estimable Member Registered
30/11/2019 7:32 am  

I was genuinely surprised when I heard them at MWAF. I was probably 8 feet away, inside a warehouse type setting and when they came on, I heard the bass and I thought for sure it was going to be a trick; like, they had a 12” woofer sitting behind the table or something....nope!  And that’s not to say that they are all bass either. The vocals and highs I could hear just fine along with the lows!  They are pretty astounding when you take into account their size. If you build them, I can almost guarantee you will not be disappointed. 

ReplyQuote

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Eminent Member Registered
30/11/2019 9:16 am  

@123toid

Yeah I heard those little powerhouses!  I was quite impressed with the fullness and bass from such small speakers.  I know they were all that was hooked up, but it felt like the towers, or subwoofer must have also been in to help out.  Really, really cool speakers!

ReplyQuote

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register