Hello from Barquisi...

Hello from Barquisimeto, Venezuela.  

RSS

djstrauss
(@djstrauss)
New Member Registered
01/11/2019 3:55 pm  

Hi everyone, i hope your doing good !!

I´m a tech enthusiast that live on the edge in this Beautiful but Intriguing Country, Venezuela. Where Music is a must in our culture and I, as a music lover and DiY guy,  plan to start a journey building a pair of DINAS. This will be my First speakers Build and i think this experience will be really nice.

I´m expecting to receive all the components in about 12 days, so i´m going to start building the wood box according to original plans, but with a little twist on the outside. 

Thanks to @123toid for making and testing this design, i hope this build goes as good or better as the originals.

Best Regards.

Daniel Strauss.

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
01/11/2019 11:33 pm  

@djstrauss I'm really excited that you are building the Dinas! Feel free to post a build log off you want. And past pictures when your done! I love seeing others builds!

ReplyQuote

djstrauss
(@djstrauss)
New Member Registered
02/11/2019 12:28 pm  

Hi, @123toid

I just want to be clear about the components connection.

I already saw the diagram and understand this:

S1 NEG goes to Cap then Cap to S2 POS and Finally to Amp POS.

This serial connection creates a 8ohm load on Amp POS. Correct?

Then S1 POS and S2 NEG to Amp NEG.

This creates the other 8ohm. Correct?

Then Sub connection is polarity inverted directly on the Amp. 

That's it?

Sorry for my noob assumption.

Just wanted to be clear.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
DIYAudiphileElliottBridge
(@diyaudiphileelliottbridge)
Trusted Member Registered
03/11/2019 4:49 am  

@djstrauss

With the inverted polarity for the sub, you can always test if the bass sounds weak or normal. If weak you have a null being created and need to inverse the polarity, if not then your polarity is fine! I don't know the circuit diagrams for the DINAS, but if they are 80hm drivers they will be in parallel for 4ohms. If they are 4ohm drivers they will most likely be in series for 8ohms total.

Hope this helps. 🙂

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
08/11/2019 1:45 am  

@djstrauss

you can either hook it up to the other side of the cap or directly to the amplifier.  It makes the same connection.  But yes, you are correct, except for the resistance rating and serial connection.  Since both drivers have their own ground and positive, this is a parallel connection.  a series connection would have only one positive and one ground hooked up, with the speakers positive and negative wired together.   This maintains a nominal 4 ohm load, however, it does rise to around 8ohms at it's highest peak.  Without the cap, it would make it a nominal 2 ohm load. 

ReplyQuote
DIYAudiphileElliottBridge
(@diyaudiphileelliottbridge)
Trusted Member Registered
08/11/2019 2:49 am  

@123toid

Awesome, so is he just using a cap on the tweeter? Won't that tweak the polar response of the driver combination?

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
08/11/2019 10:17 pm  

@diyaudiphileelliottbridge

It is just a basic first order crossover on the tweeter.  Any crossover can affect polar response, it all depends on how it is implemented.  

ReplyQuote

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register