Clear all

Hey audio world!  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
03/04/2020 2:33 am  

Hey guys. Just signed Up and brand new to audio diy. Liked quality audio for years and wood work so combining the two to do speakers and enclosures for diy amps. Looking to add on to 123toids $300 amp video by combining a khadas tone board and Bluetooth module. I’m going to need lotsa help so I’m looking forward to this forum👍🏼👍🏼

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
03/04/2020 5:26 pm  

Hello. It's awesome to have you!  So far I'm loving the sound of the project. That sounds like a top-notch project. We look forward to helping in any way we can and following the build along the way 

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
04/04/2020 12:08 am  

@123toid thank you! So as the newb here’s where I’m at. I want everything in one box. That said I don’t want cables connecting everything in there if possible. So to start...can I take a Bluetooth receiver board and the khadas tone board, unsolder the rca’s from each and hard wire the Bluetooth out to the tone board spidf in? I’ll then have to unsolder the rca outs from the tone board and 123toids amp in’s and hard wire those together. Am I remotely close?

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
09/04/2020 8:34 pm  

Nobody? I have an ASC and an AC sitting here and a Khadas tone board and Shure Bluetooth 5.0 board en route. Thanks

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
10/04/2020 12:47 am  

@mullins

Sweet!  THis will be a killer build!  Can you draw a diagram of exactly what you want to do.  It sounds doable, and I think you are on the right track, but I don't want to say for sure.

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
12/04/2020 12:28 am  

@123toid ok thanks. I’ll do that when the Bluetooth and tone board get here.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
12/04/2020 1:53 pm  

Sorry, been busy trying to help out a guy on another board I belong to, it requires some protoboard stuff along with old style home manufacturing of parts just to do proof of concept due to not having all the necessary parts. That and work / family holiday / taxes, well, you get the idea.

I'm not sure what the minimum # of posts are required before you can post links, so I'll see what I can do with the schematics on line. In the meantime, what are the model numbers?

Might take a day or so before I can get to it, so please be patient with me. I look forward to hearing more from you and Nick.

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
24/04/2020 9:24 pm  

Ok so tone board finally arrived! Here’s the goods. Now step 1. Do I unsolder the left and right channel rca outs on the Bluetooth board and hard solder direct to the tone board spidf in? If so, what gauge? Thanks

DAEC993B 74A3 4331 8A3D 449F694C8C86

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
03/05/2020 9:40 pm  

Anybody? If not I can try another forum maybe more geared towards noobs. Thanks

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
04/05/2020 12:42 am  

Need a little more direction and description of what you are actually trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to use just 1 set of inputs for the amp by trying to combine both the Bluetooth and the Toneboard  into 1? I think that is your idea. Please confirm.

As far as putting the output of the Bluetooth into the S/PDIF, they are 2 completely different formats. The Bluetooth is analog while the S/PDIF is a digital stream. It would almost be better to tie the 2 sets of RCA outputs together. But that "could" have consequences.

At the moment, I don't have the amp input scheme in front of me, so it will take a bit more time to figure out. I'm still working, so my time is limited.

I also see you've got 6 posts so far. You "may" be able to post links. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, then 10 might be the magic number.

-Charlie

Mullins liked
ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
04/05/2020 7:30 pm  

Really, what I am trying to get from you is the model # / part # of all the boards, and preferably a link to them / where you bought them. I need to know in order to do a proper evaluation of the situation. I don't want to tell you to do something may or may not be possible.

I can tell that he Kahdas Toneboard is the Generic version, not the VIMS. This is the page.

If  you could tell me the info on the rest, I can help.

-Charlie

Mullins liked
ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
04/05/2020 10:43 pm  

I understand you’re busy and I’m in no hurry as long as I know there is someone here willing to help. GREATLY appreciated! So my goal is to link these boards together, build the custom enclosure (that’s my forte) and have a power button on front (maybe a meter if we can get fancy) and a power input with speaker outs on the back. Super simple and clean. Parts are:

1. Sure Bluetooth 4.0

https://www.parts-express.com/sure-electronics-aa-ab41136-bluetooth-40-audio-receiver-board-aptx--edr-12-vdc--320-351

2. External Bluetooth antenna kit

https://www.parts-express.com/external-bluetooth-antenna-kit--320-625

3. Khadas tone board - generic

https://www.khadas.com/tone

4. Ice power 200AC

https://www.parts-express.com/icepower-200ac-class-d-audio-amplifier-module-1-x-200w--326-210

5. Ice power 200ASC

Same one from 123toid’s video
(no link/out of stock)

Let me know if you have any other questions and thanks again.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
05/05/2020 12:54 am  

@mullins

So you want to go bluetooth to tone board to Ice, correct?  I didn't see any input on the tone board but spidif.  Is that correct?

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
05/05/2020 10:31 am  

@123toidyou are correct. The power connection is also an input. Example: plug it into a laptop and power it as well as stream music from it. But with that being my power connection I believe with my setup the spidf is my only option for an input.

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
05/05/2020 11:56 pm  

@mullins

Here is what I am thinking.  Assuming your tone board can hook up via USB as a dac, I think the best way to wire it would be to wire the bluetooth rca output into the rca on the toneborad (it states it is an in or an out).  Then I would buy the 30pin extention for the tone board which has an 8 rca output (did it come with it, should be a ribbon cable).  This would allow you to to output that rca to the Ice  boards.  Of course, I will see what @tvor-ceasar thinks of this.

Another option would be to get a selector switch between the tone board and the bluetooth. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
%d bloggers like this: