Clear all

Hey audio world!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/05/2020 12:03 am  

Never mind that won't work.  I just read that the RCA is output only.  The spdif is either. I think if you want bluetooth, you will need to do a  selector switch.  Or just ditch the bluetooth. 

Maybe something like this?  I would desolder two of the input and the output.  THe out would go to the ICe and the the two input would go to the the DAC and the bluetooth.  Then you would have two more inputs if you like. 

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
06/05/2020 12:35 am  

If the Bluetooth is digital and the rca outs from the Bluetooth board are analog then it must convert somewhere on the Bluetooth board. Correct? If so, can I just skip the “converter” and rca outs on the Bluetooth board and send the digital signal from Bluetooth direct to the tone board spidf? Less things to pass through, so to speak, the better anyway I would assume. I found an rca to spidf out converter and it made me think. Why take a digital signal from the Bluetooth receiver, convert it to analog rca out, send it to an rca/spidf converter, convert it back to digital, send it to the tone board digital spidf so it can be converted back to analog (albeit better) and sent to the ICe amps? Haha Am I trying to be too big brained?

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
06/05/2020 1:19 am  

Jumping in finally. As far as I can see, the Bluetooth is Analog out only, both RCA Line Out and 1/8" (3.5mm) for headphones. Besides, Bluetooth is it's own format, and is converted in the main chip on the board. Granted, if someone wanted to program a module to output a Digital signal, then they haven't come forth yet, AFAIK. 🙂

The ToneBoard has computer I/O via the USB C (as well as powering the unit), and is definitely set up to use the S/PDIF for digital source. Output is via analog RCA.

Since we are interested in the outputs here, you'll need some sort of switching arrangement, either a manual DPDT switch or an electronic RELAY of some sort to help isolate the analog outputs from each other. You don't want to inadvertently feed a signal the wrong way into either and mess up the board(s). I personally would prefer a Triple Pole Double Throw switch similar to this one, simply to make sure the audio grounds are separated also. Or you could use something like Nick linked to up above.

Check out this thread for information on the Ice module. It is specifically for the 200ASC, but it should help.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
Mullins
(@mullins)
Active Member Registered
06/05/2020 10:31 am  

Would this make life easier? Bluetooth 5.0 with coaxial digital out.

003C95E9 1F7D 4F34 950E 07E508CE55E1
6E82B881 95EA 4C5F 8134 A4373D04EB79

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
%d bloggers like this: