Clear all

Emotiva: Shop Now

Hi guys  

RSS

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Eminent Member Registered
01/10/2020 6:06 pm  

It occurred to me that I haven’t yet introduced myself properly. My name is Martin, I live in Denmark, Northern Europe. I just started looking into the DIY audio world a couple of years ago. I was looking for a speaker to suit my aesthetic wishes and couldn’t seem to find the right one, so I decided to try making my own. I did a lot of research and really fell in love with the process. I imagine a lot of you probably started out this way. It turned in to a hobby of mine and eventually I made a small business out of it. I would love for it to become my full time occupation some day, but for now it’s still a small start-up that I work on, on the side from my day-job. 
I am a pretty strong creator and builder, both wood working, concrete etc. I love math and understanding how things work. But my knowledge with pretty much all things audio is probably pretty limited, compared to a lot of you guys. I’ve learned a lot since joining this forum though, and I hope to be able to give back. 

123Toid liked
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
01/10/2020 9:16 pm  

Martin,

We all started just like you, not knowing a thing but wanting to learn. And here we are along with you. 🙂 

Here's to seeing you grow your passion into a fruitful business. Cheers!

-Charlie

kanaaudio liked
ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
02/10/2020 4:05 am  

@tvor-ceasar thank you! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
04/10/2020 11:45 am  

@kanaaudio

First of all welcome!  I love seeing your work on Instagram.  You do an amazing job.  I especially enjoyed the concrete oval build.  Top notch!  I completely understand wanting to make this full-time.  I hope you can do it.  Sorry I haven't been on lately, I actually got really sick the past few days.  I am starting to feel better. This si the time of the year, were I am prone to sinus infections.  And they hit again. Maybe someday, that won't be an issue. 

Anyway, I have enjoyed having you on the forum, I look forward to seeing your future builds and seeing you grow your business. 

ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
04/10/2020 5:01 pm  

@123toid

Thank you for the nice words, I appreciate it.

Yes the concrete model seems to get most of the attention so far. I have sold a handful of those already. My plan is to only build a limited number of each model, but - let’s see how it goes. 

Sorry to hear, I hope you’ll feel like yourself again soon! 

Thank you, I feel very welcomed in this community 🙂 I think it’s a hard market to navigate, hand-building speakers for sale. I am sure we can learn a lot from each other. 

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
beatmaniaboy
(@beatmaniaboy)
Active Member Registered
16/10/2020 2:45 pm  

Hi Martin,

I'm Shawn and I'm based in SJ, CA. I've built the dinas. Im about to build the esoteric bookshelves. I love car audio. I only have 4 amps in my car and dsp.

Toid has been an inspiration for me because I would have never have thought about building speakers without him.

ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
19/10/2020 4:10 pm  

@beatmaniaboy

nice to make your acquaintance - sounds like you have familiarized yourself with quite a lot of the DIY audio world already. I am only just getting started on the technical side, I have always enjoyed the creativity and process of creating and building something new and eventually I felt the quality of the audio sound should fit the unique designs, so I went online searching for help and knowledge. Stopped when I stumbled onto 123toids creation here.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now

%d bloggers like this: