Notifications
Clear all

How many here are from Denmark?

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

I've been on here for a quite a long time now, although I have been quiet for a while due to other projects.

I was just wondering - how many on here are from Denmark? I'm always looking for new ways to learn and share experiences.

I am interested in hearing where you get your products from. Especially in these times, where so many wells have run dry.

Pieter liked
Pieter
(@pieter)
Eminent Member Registered

hey kanaaudio,

I order most stuff at http://www.soundimports.eu

kanaaudio liked
ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Topic starter  

@pieter thanks. I do too. But I think a lot of the stuff on there is quite pricy. 

And I have never had much luck placing orders directly from China. 

I was hoping some more suppliers had popped up. 

ReplyQuote
ajc9988
(@ajc9988)
Estimable Member Registered

@kanaaudio - I ordered recently from a store in Finland (and I am in the US). Check out Audio-Hi.Fi (great play on Finland): https://audio-hi.fi/.

https://audio-hi.fi/en/scan-speak_18w-8434g00-p-192.html

That is an example of their offerings, which the g00 lineup from scanspeak (which I just call the goo lineup) have very flat response. Really worth looking over.

Audio-hi.fi is one of the official distributors for scanspeak and they do have some really good prices (it is where I bought 4 30w/4558T00 subs from). The international shipping really helped on that purchase. And I got it from them (even with a month wait) right before the price increases hit due to rises in raw material costs, etc.

Now, I do not know how, with VAT, the cost will look versus other EU/European vendors. But, wanted to give one I looked at whose prices look reasonable.

What are you thinking of building?

ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Topic starter  

@ajc9988 Thank you, I will check that out.

EU prices are usually taxed pretty high. You being for the US, I am surprised that it is worth it for you to order overseas? When looking at prices on identical products from parts-express vs. for example soundimports, prices are mostly higher in EU?

For me, if I were to order from US to DK - Even if shipping costs are reasonable, the customs expenses is where you bleed. So ordering within EU seems to be key, if you also need to turn a profit.

I am actually building pretty much the same Bluetooth speaker over and over, for my small business. Pretty straight forward actually, but I am always looking for ways of optimizing.

Thanks for the advice 🙂

ajc9988 liked
ReplyQuote
ajc9988
(@ajc9988)
Estimable Member Registered

@kanaaudio - The US renews regularly its harmonized schedule which allows speakers (both drivers and assembled into an enclosure) to come in duty free. There are exceptions, where the Trump trade war makes Chinese originating orders have either a 7.5% or 15% tax on them, or Iran's restrictions, etc. So, the import costs are not as problematic. But, if that exclusion of duties on speakers is not regularly waived by congress, then it goes up to a rate that is fairly standard.

As such, I priced from numerous places, including shipping, and Audio_Hi.Fi was the cheapest I could find. I got 4 30W/4558T00 (before the price hikes) at a little over $1100, when now you cannot get the same without paying nearly $1300+.

And I definitely agree. Also, aside from Parts-Express, there is Madisound and Meniscus Audio and a few others which do have some speakers not carried at parts-express.

But with your case, definitely agree. They have to apply the import, the VAT charges, etc., so buying from a retailer which bought in bulk and lowered the overall cost, you can find some better deals for the EU by buying goods from within the EU.

I've seen one italian site I thought about.

If you are buying the same speaker over and over, have you talked to the manufacturer yet? Sometimes they will work with a small vendor. If they won't, then it is talking with their distributors. Which, definitely also try talking to the distributor shop you go through and ask them about volume and if they cut discounts for regular customers, explain your needs, and what volume over what time you need. This can develop to them ordering yours along with the order to keep in stock (also I do not know your volume), that way you don't just clean them out each time.

At least that is how I would do it dealing with a supplier, both to try to get my costs down and to help them not lose out on sales because I would buy X speaker out every so often.

ReplyQuote

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Topic starter  

@ajc9988 Thanks for that, makes total sense.

Regarding my business, I think I am in a weird "middle-ground" place. It is a hobby business I run aside from my regular day-job. So I build enough speakers so that I can feel the difference in profit quite well, but not enough to be worth the extra administration costs and time for manufacturers or middle-vendors.

It is strictly hobby based business and I actually quite enjoy it that way - Putting in my very effort and detail into each build, and taking my time to develop my skill and knowledge as I go.

ajc9988 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: