Notifications
Clear all

New guy from Tri cities Wa  

RSS

Sniper8314
(@sniper8314)
New Member Registered
11/06/2020 1:07 am  

Hey all just build my first set of speaker (the uglies). So very new to this, I had/have so many questions as I built these but all of my questions have been answered as I went along.

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
11/06/2020 10:03 am  

Welcome to the group!

How do you like the Uglies? Listening impressions? Most important of all, did you paint them yellow? 😀 JK

Good to have another new member. 

Oh, if you have any photos, feel free to share.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
11/06/2020 10:45 am  

@sniper8314 Great to have you here!  Looking forward to continuing to help you along the way.  I can't wait to see your next build and future pictures of The Uglies!

@tvor-ceasar Don't you know it is mandatory to paint them yellow 🤣  Seriously, I plan to repaint mine before I put them in my theater.  Probably just the boring flat black if I do an acoustically transparent screen. 

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
11/06/2020 1:45 pm  

@123toid How about a nice Hammered finish? I'm thinking I want to paint the speakers I make for my shop this color. Call me old fashioned, but I like the memories of all the old stuff from my youth.

The first one in the row of colors is a nice hammered black, as well as matte versions. I like the dark bronze for a little class out in the room. 🙂

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
11/06/2020 2:04 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

I've used a couple of the hammered finishes.  I like them.  BUt I'll probably do flat if I gor projector.  With an acoustically transparent screen there are small holes, although you don't see them, I am not sure how the hammered finish would work with the reflections of light going through the screen.

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
11/06/2020 2:25 pm  

True. Flat works better in that situation.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
Sniper8314
(@sniper8314)
New Member Registered
11/06/2020 5:27 pm  

@tvor-ceasar sorry was listening to my new speakers. As for sound I am new to this game but I can tell you that I love them. They are clear and when set up right provide awesome bass! I did not paint them. I left them MDF and my wood working skills are horrible. These were my first diy speakers. I should paint them yellow to distract from the wood working skills haha

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
12/06/2020 8:11 pm  

Well, I won't begrudge you from enjoying the fruits of your labor. On the contrary, Crank 'em up and rock it out!

Re: plain MDF and wood working ability. Maybe use black and several different shades of brown and paint them in a complementary camo pattern.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: