Notifications
Clear all

New here

Joostb
(@joostb)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello everybody.  I am joost and i am from the netherlands. I am reading allot on this forum and hope one day to make some speakers

Pieter
(@pieter)
Eminent Member Registered

Hey Joostb, welkom

Joostb liked
ReplyQuote

ajc9988
(@ajc9988)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi! I'm sure you will be able to make your own in no time. There is a spreadsheet called unibox which is a cool program. Then there is getting familiar with WinISD. There is Bass Box Pro (paid) and a couple others. Some books include Loudspeaker Design Cookbook, Bullock on Boxes, testing loudspeakers, etc. Then there is X-sim for crossover design (free). If doing your own driver testing, a DATS v3 for T/S parameters is worth picking up. Also, maybe a cheaper calibrated usb microphone like the UMIK-1. If splurging before going to higher cost ones ($1-3K for the higher cost ones), there is the Earthworks M23R (reference is what the R stands for), which is like $600 or $700 (I'd say build some speakers first, then get this, unless you have the money to and plan to use it a lot from the start). REW is another good program to acquaint yourself with.

Then just remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time and take in what you can as you go.

Joostb liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@joostb Welcome!  We are excited to have you!  Feel free to reach out on any questions you have.  We would be happy to help. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Joostb
(@joostb)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid First i wanna build a Klipsch KL-650, and if i understand everything then i am going to build my own speakers

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: