Notifications
Clear all

Ralphee
(@ralphee)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi , just going through a home theatre upgrade and have recently purchased a acoustically transparent screen so I’m going to make the cinema 6s for LRC and was wondering if the voxels with the passive radiator can be position with the radiator facing up . I want to use 3 of them positioned across the front of the of the screen in an existing book shelf set up for bass the the cinema 6 behind, love the channel and the projects and am looking forward to getting started

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ralphee

In general passive radiators shouldn't be upfiring or downfiring.  The reason for this, is they will sag and the parameters will change over time. It's a little different when you have a woofer with an actual suspension.

Having said that, I love the voxel's and think they are great for smaller rooms, but for a dedicated theater room, I would go with something a little larger that can extend down deeper.  Even if you can only fit one or 2two of them, I would personally prefer that.  With movies you really want to get down as close to 20hz as possible. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Ralphee
(@ralphee)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid okay I have a decent amount of room either side , I did have cerwin Vega cls15s there so I can fit a 15 inch sub . About the Cinema 6 I’ve gotten an mdf panel that’s pre cut at 400mm or 15.78 inches what I’m hoping is that I can make it a bit deeper and fix the sidewall to the outer edge of the baffle instead of behind but I don’t know if it will mess up the ports 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@ralphee 

Definitely double check to make sure you have the room with the ports that way. My only concern is there's not much space between the port and the horn. So I'm not really sure if you'll have enough room. You might, it looks like with 3/4 inch material you have about a quarter inch on either side. And you only need about an eighth of an inch. It will be tight, but it looks like it probably can be done. Either way, I would double check your measurements before you cut anything. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Ralphee
(@ralphee)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Will do Im just not sure how the ports are formed in the v2 plans I’ve read the written detail but is there an internal photo of them ?

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: