Notifications
Clear all

Ron from New England  

RSS

MusicAudioStar
(@audiostar)
New Member Registered
16/01/2020 9:38 am  

Hey everyone. My name is Ron. I am a retired engineer. I'm here because I bought my first pair of bookshelf speakers that were pretty good at first. Then an old friend recommended I pair it with an amp - I did of course (great outcome obviously). He said to get some good cables, do I did, but probably spent too much on them. I need to do some more research on all this stuff, that's why I'm here. It's a nice hobby for me at this point of my life and who knows... maybe I want to start building my own from scratch.

Oh, and I found that I love Post Modern Jukebox - GREAT for the speakers I bought.

All over the place, but hey when you get old, you'll understand.

Good to be here.

Ron "The Music Audio Star"

123Toid liked
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
16/01/2020 3:25 pm  
Posted by: @audiostar

Hey everyone. My name is Ron. I am a retired engineer. I'm here because I bought my first pair of bookshelf speakers that were pretty good at first. Then an old friend recommended I pair it with an amp - I did of course (great outcome obviously). He said to get some good cables, do I did, but probably spent too much on them. I need to do some more research on all this stuff, that's why I'm here. It's a nice hobby for me at this point of my life and who knows... maybe I want to start building my own from scratch.

Oh, and I found that I love Post Modern Jukebox - GREAT for the speakers I bought.

All over the place, but hey when you get old, you'll understand.

Good to be here.

Ha, I am all over the place and I don't consider myself old.  It is a great way to live.  We just have unique and great minds 😉 At least that is what I like to say 😊   It is great to have you.  My entire extended family is from New England - Massachusetts to be more exact.  All across the state.  I love it there.  Especially Boston.  Beautiful city, full of history.  

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
16/01/2020 9:38 pm  

Welcome Ron!

Once an engineer, always an engineer. My current office is heavily slanted (~80%) toward Civil Engineering, with my side of Land Surveying. I guess this hobby attracts a certain type of mind. 

New England, on my list to visit. Specifically Deer Isle Maine and the reach. Dan Fogelberg's place where he spent his last years. Oh yeah, and that other famous Maine guy, Stephen King. One of these days...

PMJ? I take it then you've heard Puddles Pity Party as well. They've collaborated on a few songs together. If not, give him a try. I think you'll like him too.

Jump on into the conversations. We're all here to help and learn.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
MusicAudioStar
(@audiostar)
New Member Registered
20/01/2020 7:23 pm  

@123toid

Boston is great! Nice to hear you know the area!

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
MusicAudioStar
(@audiostar)
New Member Registered
20/01/2020 7:24 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

Oh, you would LOVE New England! So many nice places to visit, have some good food and great beer.

I will give Puddles Pity Party a try as well! Thanks for that!

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: