Notifications
Clear all

Thanks For Being Here!

GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hello Folk,

My name is Bob C. and it’s a pleasure to be here. My bones ache with age, and in the morning, I groan and creak like opening an old rusty car door… and so, GrumpE1 seems a fitting user name.

About a month ago, while surfing youtube, that ‘Klipsch KL 650 Copy’ video caught my interest… actually, that’s an understatement. I’ve been outright giddy at the prospect of assembling them…

My receiver feeds a mid 80’s set of Fisher st845’s. The surrounds have been replaced, and the crossover re-capped but they boom. Great for rocking the windows out, but given the state of my hearing… welp, I’m tired of backing up the movie to hear what was said. Too much gets lost… a situation that’s about to change 😉

The crossover bits are here, as are the compression drivers. Horns are back-ordered and it will be next month before the Faital’s will be purchased. Things don’t move so quickly as I’d like… but everything in time.

… and the adventure begins!

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@grumpe1

Haha! I love your sense of humor.

Well I'm definitely subscribing to this! I can't wait for those waveguides to come back in stock so you can get these built. I was so disappointed when I saw that they went out of stock. Hopefully they'll come back in stock sooner than what the current time schedule is. Covid has really thrown a lot of shipping times off. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

GrumpE1
(@grumpe1)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

"...Hopefully they'll come back in stock sooner than what the current time schedule is..."

Indeed, but even if they don't... the price isn't to be beat. Though they can be had elsewhere, it's at near triple PE's sale price. In any event, they're ordered and it's cold and nasty this time of the year in New England. Wood working (at my home) is done in the driveway.

Till then, the audio bug has bit, and I'm soaking up the wealth of info that's here trying to get a better understanding before asking the inevitable stupid questions of a noob 😉

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: