before the DINAS build
Thank you for the DINAS speaker plans and the detailed instructions. I am pretty new to DIY speakers and woodworking but enjoy your videos on YouTube. The videos give me the inspiration to make speakers!
I have a couple of questions before I start with the project...
1) What is the best way to connect the drivers to the amp? First, finish the surface of the speaker, attach the drivers to the speaker, and then connect the amp with the wires and then attach the amp to the back of the speaker?
2) If I want to connect the speakers to an iPhone, what is the best way? Connect "two male RCA to one female RCA end" cable for each speaker and then connect the two speakers with a "two RCA male to 3.5/lightning" cable?
3) Will dampening (wool) in the subwoofer and mid driver compartments make a difference? How much is good?
Thank you for your help and time.
@fighterpanda Good questions. Let me see if I can answer them in a way that is easy to understand.
1. There is no best way. It really is up to you. It is easier to solder the tweeter when the side is exposed (not glued all together, but it will make finish work harder. Those wires on that tweeter are very thin and easy to break. It's harder to solder once complete, but easier to finish. I would say, pick your poison here.
2. I'll attach a diagram. but you could also use a Bluetooth adapter if you would rather wirelessly transmit to it.
3. Some people have lined the sub cavity and claims it helps. I have not experimented with it, but would have my reservations about how much a difference it would make. If it were me, I would try it as is and then see if you want to add any. I don't think you will. I have never put any in them.
Thank you very much for the advice. Looking forward to starting working on the speakers when the amp gets back in stock at PE later next month.