Dinas Boombox build planning  

RSS

angus_m
(@angus_m)
New Member Registered
20/10/2020 5:52 pm  

Hello!

I'm new here, so thanks in advance to all of you 😉

I'm planning to build the boombox as my first DIY speaker. I have some woodworking experience, and work in vibration engineering, so the electronics side is a bit foreign to me, but frequency domain concepts are not.  I probably won't get to the build until after the holiday, but want to make a solid plan and start gathering materials.

I've got a few questions as I start my quest:

1. If this is the wrong subforum, let me know and I can move it.  Wasn't sure if it belongs in the DINAS or general speaker area.

2. A picture or two of the crossovers would be super helpful.  I understand the diagram, and I've built circuits on a breadboard before, but I'm less sure how the actual physical implementation of these things looks like in a real life speaker design.  Do you build them on a separate piece of material and mount them as a sub-assembly, or just glue stuff right to the rear baffle?

3.  Any need for damping material in the enclosure.  I've seen some folks add some to the DINAS, and the general guidance seems to be not strictly necessary, but sure, go for it.

4. With larger panels than the stand alone speakers, has any one that has built this gotten the sense that the front and rear baffles should be 3/4" material? 

That should get me started... 

Thanks!

Angus

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
21/10/2020 3:29 pm  

Agnus, go ahead and email me and I'll help you out further.  sales@toidsdiyaudio.com

The dimensions you are looking at are for the entire outside which would contain the outside material of the box as well (so it will be 1/2" bigger).  The other one, is of the cut list.

ReplyQuote

angus_m
(@angus_m)
New Member Registered
21/10/2020 4:08 pm  

@123toid

Great - I sent you an email 

Cheers 😉

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
21/10/2020 4:15 pm  

@angus_m

fantastic!  i just e-mailed you back.  I apologize for the confusion.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now

%d bloggers like this: