17/02/2020 3:13 pm  

Thank you Toid for all the help! 

EEBD9BCE 42C8 43E2 9B1C BC335C8C0E82
E12B6160 A1A4 4CB5 9CEA 8C17ACB45523

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
17/02/2020 3:33 pm  

Those look fantastic!  I love the chamfer you did!  Really makes them look classy.  

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
17/02/2020 3:34 pm  

@squashie On a completely unrelated note.  I was just planning a build similar to your computer built into your desk.  Well done!  What an awesome project!

ReplyQuote
ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Trusted Member Registered
17/02/2020 4:38 pm  

That looks awesome, the whole setup!  Triple monitor is nice, desk is cool with a console and pc built in and Dinas definitely add a nice touch!

ReplyQuote
squashie
(@squashie)
Eminent Member Registered
19/02/2020 2:01 pm  

@123toid thanks! Just a little personal touch with the chamfer 🙂 very happy with it and really appreciate all your help!

Thank you on the desk! Really glad you like it! It was my passion project that I used to learn 3d modeling and help me get my ideas to life 🙂 

This is the second version and here is a very detailed build log of the first one. https://imgur.com/a/8HWMP

this second is made of high grade appeply and expands on the original idea. It is made to be alot more versatile and modular. Here is a quick example of that https://imgur.com/a/FvgffOq

The idea for the desk is that it can house all of my electronics with a single cable coming out for the power, can be made as big or as small as you want it, and can be modded to fit your needs without having to rebuild the whole thing. A good example is my front  plate on the PC compartment. I hated the fan controller and after getting a VR i wanted to plug it in to the front instead of the top/center. So when cutting the speakers I cut another piece for the desk, around 12$ for apple ply piece and about 30min of total work on magnets, stain and finish. I now have a whole new functionality along with aesthetics. You can see that new panel in the pics above 🙂 

Let me know if you decide to build one and have any questions. Always glad to help! Also, i don’t have the plans, but more than happy to share the basics of my build or what ever design files I used. 

ReplyQuote
squashie
(@squashie)
Eminent Member Registered
19/02/2020 2:03 pm  

@imcokeman thank you! Really appreciate the feedback! This is definitely a product of passion!

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: