Notifications
Clear all

DINAS Hookup to PC Question  

hmcoyle
(@hmcoyle)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

Yesterday I ordered the build plans for the DINAS speakers.  My plan is to connect these speakers to a desktop PC.  The audio output on the PC is a 3.5mm jack, so I ordered one 3.5mm Slim-Plug Stereo Male to 2 x 3.5mm Female Adapter Cable 8" Part # 240-068 <a href=" removed link "> removed link to connect directly to the PC, and two Parts Express 3.5mm Slim-Plug Male to 2 x RCA Male Adapter Cable 5 ft. Part # 240-065 <a href=" removed link "> removed link to connect one end to the splitter connected to the PC and the other end to the positive and negative RCA inputs on each speaker’s plate amplifier.  After reading the Hookup section of the build plans I see that it says, “If you soldered to the points I showed on the board, you will hook up the RCA to the Left RCA input ”.  Then I looked at the photo of the plate amplifier and saw there are not positive and negative RCA inputs on the plate amplifier, just left and right RCA inputs.  Does this mean I only need one Parts Express 3.5mm Slim-Plug Male to 2 x RCA Male Adapter Cable 5 ft. Part # 240-065 to connect the PC to each speaker?

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@hmcoyle

that is a really good questions.  First you ordered exactly what you needed for full bass.  I'll try to clarify what I was saying in the instructions.  Basically, if you only hook up one rca to the rear of the amplifier, make sure you hook it up to the left RCA. That is because the instructions tell you to solder the drivers to the left and right positive and negative terminals of the left speaker output on the amplifier.  Therefore, if you hooked up only one RCA to the right input on your amplifier, you wouldn't get sound from those speakers.  The best thing to do is to wire it like you are saying.  Since the sub output is bridged, you will want both hooked up to each amplifier to get full power to the subwoofer.

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

hmcoyle
(@hmcoyle)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

@123toid

I'm not sure I understand your reply to my question.  Attached is a picture of what I think your instructions are saying is the way to hookup the DINAS.  Is this correct?

DINAS Hookup

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin

@hmcoyle

That is what the instructions are saying. However, the subwoofer portion of that amplifier is bridged. So if you want to take advantage of that extra power, you would want to hook up the right and left input on both left and right speaker. Basically you would want to either split the rcas at the end of the cable that you're showing or split the 3.5 mm and wire and by two of the cables you're showing. That's an optional way of hooking them up. 

https://www.youtube.com/123toid

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: