Dinas in Portugal  

RSS

The_Golias
(@the_golias)
Active Member Registered
13/02/2020 4:50 pm  

Hi there audiofriends.

Finally got my dinas ready.

It was my first time building speakers. I Had a little trouble with the router cutting the circles. They didn't come centered.

For the front part, I grabbed some old door, and recicled the wood. For the enclosure, used MDF and painted it with car paint.

IMG 3059
IMG 3062
IMG 3064
IMG 3061
IMG 3060
IMG 3063

Here is the result.

Great design 123toid!

In terms of sound quality, i tried it without the TN28...but definetly, the tn28s make total diference.

I'm very happy with the sound quality and it's a piece of work in my desk.

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
13/02/2020 7:42 pm  

Nice! The black box and the almost cherry face is a classic look that never goes out of style.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
14/02/2020 8:35 am  

@the_golias 

Great work! I love that you recycled a for for the front. That's a great idea!  I'm happy to hear your enjoying them. I know you said you didn't center the holes properly, but with the angle of the pictures you took, you can't really tell. 

ReplyQuote
DIYAudiphileElliottBridge
(@diyaudiphileelliottbridge)
Estimable Member Registered
14/02/2020 8:48 am  

@the_golias

As for the offcentering of the baffle. 1. (as toid said), it is visually not noticeable from the positions you took the photos from. 2. It should technically be an actual benefit acoustically, as diffraction ripples should be spread out further. Have a quick experiment on WinPCD or VituixCAD and have a look for yourself.

ReplyQuote
The_Golias
(@the_golias)
Active Member Registered
15/02/2020 12:14 pm  

@tvor-ceasar Yep. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
The_Golias
(@the_golias)
Active Member Registered
15/02/2020 12:16 pm  
Posted by: @123toid

@the_golias 

Great work! I love that you recycled a for for the front. That's a great idea!  I'm happy to hear your enjoying them. I know you said you didn't center the holes properly, but with the angle of the pictures you took, you can't really tell. 

Thanks 123toid. 

ReplyQuote
The_Golias
(@the_golias)
Active Member Registered
15/02/2020 12:18 pm  
Posted by: @diyaudiphileelliottbridge

@the_golias

As for the offcentering of the baffle. 1. (as toid said), it is visually not noticeable from the positions you took the photos from. 2. It should technically be an actual benefit acoustically, as diffraction ripples should be spread out further. Have a quick experiment on WinPCD or VituixCAD and have a look for yourself.

Concerning the acoustic benefit, i was lucky with the mistake. That's a good point! I have a ton of work this month. I'll check it as soon as I have a work break!

Thanks for the words.

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: