Clear all

Emotiva: Shop Now

Speaker switches on/off  

RSS

Arnould
(@arnould)
New Member Registered
06/10/2020 4:57 am  

Hi there, I'm Arnould and a new member. After I saw the DINAS Youtube film of Joe N Tell I wanted to build them for myself. I had a lot of fun building the speakers. Also learned some new wood skills.

After finishing the DINAS yesterday I only can say that the speakers sound great. Only I'm having an problem with the right speaker. This speaker plays the sound on and off after some minutes. As if the speaker is constantly phase shifting between on and off. This problem I don't have with the left speaker.

Do you have a solution for my problem. The speakers are wired as shown in the easy wiring diagram from the manaul. 

One other question how did you place the capacitator in the speaker? Did you glue it to the speaker so it issn't floating around in the speaker.

Greetings from Holland

kanaaudio
(@kanaaudio)
Eminent Member Registered
06/10/2020 2:27 pm  

Interesting issue you are having, I am interested to hear what these guys have to say 🙂

ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/10/2020 10:53 pm  

@arnould I typically hot glue the capacitor tho the enclosure.

As far as the audio>  I have never had anyone experience that problem.  What we need to do first is see if it is an issue with the speaker or something else.

First switch around the power supplies.  That way we can see if it is the power supply.  In order to do this.  Just take the power supply that is going to the working correct speaker and hook it up to the non working one.  See if this makes it go away.

If that doesn't work, then change out the RCA going to the bad speaker.  Once again hook up the RCA from the working speaker to the non working one.  See if this fixes it.

If neither of these work, we can move forward from there.

kanaaudio liked
ReplyQuote
Arnould
(@arnould)
New Member Registered
08/10/2020 3:22 am  

@123toid thank you for the advice. 

After following the steps you adviced I found out what the cause was? One of the RCA cables didn't connect properly. After replacing the RCA cable the speakers working fine.

kanaaudio and 123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
09/10/2020 12:39 am  

@arnould

Glad to hear it!

ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:

Emotiva: Shop Now