Switching to another tweeter?  

RSS

oliver
(@oliver)
Active Member Registered
03/02/2020 9:15 am  

Hi in the forum.

Well i was thinking about to switch the TN28 with a Fountek neocd1.0

Can i just do that? Many places the say its best with a crossover frequency: 3,500 Hz @ 18 dB/octave

And do not know what that means?

Well i can sure build or buy a 3,500 Hz @ 18 dB/octave crossover and just mount it same place as the cap for the original tweeter?

Please help....:D

oliver
(@oliver)
Active Member Registered
03/02/2020 1:22 pm  

Please a little help 😀

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
03/02/2020 1:53 pm  

Unfortunately that is not how that concept works.  I couldn't tell you how to switch it without reworking the crossover for them.  It would not be an easy task either.  However, if you want to take on the project and have some measurement equipment, we could help walk you through it. 

ReplyQuote
oliver
(@oliver)
Active Member Registered
04/02/2020 9:50 am  

Well i will look in to making a Crossover 18db 4000hz with a -3db l-pad to blend in with the RS100-4

Am i wrong, or is it what it takes?

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
05/02/2020 4:45 pm  

@oliver

I don't know.  It is really impossible to say without measuring them and getting the z-offset and responses. There's a lot more that is going into it, and it sounds like you are biting off a little too much.  I would suggest getting yourself a nice measurement microphone and Dats.  If you do, we can help walk you through how to design the crossover.  but without some measurements, we would just be guessing.  

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: