Small receiver, or alternative options  

RSS

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Eminent Member Registered
21/11/2019 9:59 pm  

So if someone doesn't have enough room for a full size receiver, what is the best solution?  Something like this with separate amps? https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Decoder-Separator-Bluetooth-Supports/dp/B07X6NSYVJ   or is there a good receiver that might be less than the standard width, the shelf it would sit on is just about half an inch to narrow for a standard receiver.

my recommendation was to mount the tv on the wall or elevated on a stand even to put receiver and center channel underneath, but what alternatives are there?

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
22/11/2019 1:44 am  

An inch in width or depth?

ReplyQuote

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
22/11/2019 9:33 am  

@123toid

Definitely the width, it needs to be narrower.  I have seen different depths, but i think if required that would be more doable by cutting the back of the stand than a vertical support too =)

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
25/11/2019 12:29 am  

@imcokeman

Ha, I would imagine so.  My only issue with the one you linked is it doesn't mention your new lossless audio, such as dts hd.  These are standard on your bluray's now a days.  Maybe if you gave the width, we could see what we could come up with. But you might be right to mount the TV.

ReplyQuote

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
25/11/2019 7:17 am  

Well with all the sales he got a Yamaha TSR 7850 and so far it's just sitting behind the tv cabinet, might get a separate stand, but at least he didn't compromise on getting a mini box that wouldn't handle all formats.  

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
25/11/2019 4:17 pm  

@imcokeman

If you are willing to look at a different approach, I used this IR Extender in a house.  That way, the receiver could be out of view.  Just put the IR receiver somewhere where you will point your remote and then stick and IR transmitter on your piece of equipment.  

https://amzn.to/2QPuZAU

ReplyQuote

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
26/11/2019 11:53 am  

so, he also mentioned he loved the arc and CEC for controlling the receiver.  so far he doesn't have any other inputs, but i wouldn't be surprised if IR would be in the future.

ReplyQuote

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register