Notifications
Clear all

Vintage Marantz 2235B found for cheap  

RSS

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
16/05/2020 12:45 am  

Now that my local video store today. That's right we still have a video store. And yes you can rent non adult, family friendly movies from the the store. Anyway back to Back to the point at hand.  I got to talking to the owner and he told me he had some movie posters in the back. He also ended up having this marantz's which I immediately spotted. He told me it didn't work, so I knew that needed some work on it. But once he found out that I was gonna fix it up, he was happy to sell its me for cheap. So I got it for $30 ended up leaving a happy man.

20200515 214855
20200515 214907

Topic Tags
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
16/05/2020 1:47 am  

What a score! Even if you needed a few parts to make it operational again, it's well worth it. Wonder what the "symptom" really is. Hopefully its mostly cruddy controls on something that old.

What do you have on your workbench for troubleshooting? I hope you at least have a dimbulb for current protection.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
oneway
(@oneway)
Trusted Member Registered
19/05/2020 3:43 pm  

I miss the old look. Seems like everything has gone black with no meters. They don’t make as pretty as they used to imo 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
19/05/2020 10:29 pm  

@oneway

I enjoy the meters as well.  Not to mention the beautiful blue illumination.  Just a classic nice look. 

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
20/05/2020 12:52 am  

There's something to be said for actually interacting with the equipment, seeing the meters move, adjusting the knobs, physically switching the source, enjoying the soft glow of the face. Its a different kind of intimacy with the equipment over using an app on your phone to control something 20 feet away.

-Charlie

oneway liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: