First Giveaway Dayton Esoterics 8/7-8/31  

Page 5 / 5
  RSS

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
01/09/2019 2:55 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

Nice I am very excited for you.  I will also send you my design for them.  Feel free to use some, all or none of it. 

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Estimable Member Registered
01/09/2019 8:09 pm  

Just got back from a walk in Toughkenamen State Park where I have no connectivity, so I'm sorry I missed this earlier.

Had a good bit of time to ponder what type of build to do with them. Not too sure yet whether it should be a 2 or 3-way design. Looking at the graphs, I'm almost inclined to do a 3-way, with a 5.5, 3, 1 or a 5.5, 2-1/2, 3/4. Where the mid would actually be a full range so I could start the crossover around 500 Hz, and then the upper x-over point is TBD.

Problem I'm running into is power handling for the '"mid".  I've found a few that are 30/60 W (rms/max), and I think there are maybe 2 or 3 in the 3" range that meet those criteria. I just wish I could find something with a bit more power handling. Once I get the tablet connected, searching should be easier. Phone is a tad slower / clunkier than a real computer.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

pwarren3030
(@pwarren3030)
Active Member Registered
16/09/2019 6:16 pm  

So its now September. Has the give away been given away yet?

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
16/09/2019 8:21 pm  

@pwarren3030

Yes. I was the winner. ^(go back a page)^ As soon as Nick gets squared away with his move, we'll see how they look. I have some ideas I've been sitting on for 30 or so years... 😀

-Charlie

ReplyQuote

pwarren3030
(@pwarren3030)
Active Member Registered
17/09/2019 6:14 am  

@tvor-ceasar

Congratulations. You deserve it with all the advice you give out. I'm guessing Nick is aka 123Toid. Pls say hi.

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
17/09/2019 6:24 am  

@pwarren3030

Thanks.  

I do like to share with others and encourage them to continue on in the hopes they will share and encourage even more. It's kind of like the old shampoo commercial, which you may have heard: "...they'll tell two friends, and then they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on..." while the faces on the screen multiply exponentially.

Yes, Nick is 123TOID. If you read his "About" post in the Introduce Yourself section, it gives a nice background on him. Very knowledgeable fellow, and nice too!  😉

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Page 5 / 5

Share:

%d bloggers like this:

Please Login or Register