Notifications
Clear all

If Only...  

RSS

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
26/03/2020 5:51 pm  

Man, when you don't have the room, are holding onto your scratch for the uncertain future, and the fact you've got more than 1 project on the backburner...

Parts Express goes and puts some juicy stuff on sale.
Gento SP99023A 2" full range. The price is right for 16 in a Line Array. Each in their own 0.056 cu.ft. chamber, 3/8" face with a 0.6" (19/32") port tunes to~128 Hz.
Scanspeak PL18WO-06 7" woofer. Put a pair in a 2.2 cu.ft. box and 2" port at 2.5" long and they'll sit right at 32 Hz all day long.
Tweeters - not sure what would go best. I still like the specs of the Visaton I linked in another thread, but there are some round press-fit units that look good.

They can all be wired up for 8 ohm impedance. Conventional power rating systems would add it up to over 360/720W, but 160/320W would be more like it.

Ugh, if only...

-Charlie

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
27/03/2020 12:45 am  

@tvor-Ceasar I will not lie.  I keep way too much at times.  But often for good reason;  I really do build stuff. LOL.  Making videos sometimes gets in the way, but I really do enjoy it.  I often will disassemble projects as well to experiment.  Why not?  I would rather learn something than keep a project I already have going. 

I love the idea of the line array.  You could do a small desktop array with like 8 of them.  Might be a really cool idea and not break the bank. 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
27/03/2020 12:50 am  

I am personally waiting for these tweeters.  No way, they are sold at $6 when they do arrive.  But boy, even at double that price.  These look like a steal. 

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
27/03/2020 10:49 am  
Posted by: @123toid

@tvor-Ceasar I will not lie.  I keep way too much at times.  But often for good reason;  I really do build stuff. LOL.  Making videos sometimes gets in the way, but I really do enjoy it.  I often will disassemble projects as well to experiment.  Why not?  I would rather learn something than keep a project I already have going. 

I love the idea of the line array.  You could do a small desktop array with like 8 of them.  Might be a really cool idea and not break the bank. 

Looking at my desk (yeah, I'm working from home), The most I could comfortably and aesthetically fit would be a "4 pack" on each side. Sharing a common space would mean same tuning and a box volume of 0.226 cu.ft. and a port hole in the face of the 3/8" ply (I mean, they only have 0.75mm xmax, so that should be stiff enough) equal to 1.675" circle (~1-11/16"), and it would be 4-3/4"W x 6-3/4"D x 17-1/8"H. Add a nice little (Sub)woofer bar in the foot area... I still really like those ScanSpeak woofers. Argh!

Oh yeah, I like to continuously push my knowledge too. Life had been so damn hectic over the last few years that my tinkering has fallen off a cliff, only to climb back up due to absolute necessity. I'm hoping to get some time in due to the world "situation", as many YouTubers have to call it. In no way ideal, but I hope to make the most of it as I can.

Everyone stay safe and wash your hands!

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
27/03/2020 11:12 am  
Posted by: @123toid

I am personally waiting for these tweeters.  No way, they are sold at $6 when they do arrive.  But boy, even at double that price.  These look like a steal. 

$6? And the graph that goes along with them, wow! They'd be worth having just to snag a few.

-Charlie

ReplyQuote
Share:
%d bloggers like this: