Notifications
Clear all

Tested out a record player today  

RSS

ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Trusted Member Registered
22/02/2020 8:46 pm  

Not sure if I've ever really owned my own record let alone record player, but went to goodwill to pick up some test records just in case this was going to be rough.  Turned out to sound decent on my little test setup.

Apparently it's a changer record player too, but not sure how many records I'd have to actually stack.  Might be fun to set up a sound track outside though before an outdoor movie night to get a drive in feel.  Guess I can always go back to goodwill and look for rare gems too, at 75 cents each it's pretty low risk.

TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
23/02/2020 1:01 pm  

Posted by: @imcokeman

...Might be fun to set up a sound track outside though before an outdoor movie night to get a drive in feel...

One of the best ways I can think of to do that is to search out compilation records from the likes of K-Tel and Rhino. I know there are others, but they were the 2 biggest ones from back in my day. (Rhino still gives me email alerts of what's hot monthly.) And yes, the Goodwill stores, flea markets, etc., will be the best places to find them.

Record changers usually could hold up to 6 albums (or 45s with spindle adapters), but if you were really good, you could get one more stacked on there. That is, if your tonearm was high enough to track it. 🙂

Ah, the good old days. 

-Charlie

ImCoKeMaN and 123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
24/02/2020 12:34 am  

Oh crap! Now I'm looking in eBay for these records and this is one of the first ones I find: K-Tel Dynamite 20 original hits by 20 original stars. IIRC, it was a Christmas present, back when it was new. Played the living daylights out of it. Now I'm going to have to go see if I still have it... If not... 😉 🙂

s l400

-Charlie

ImCoKeMaN and 123Toid liked
ReplyQuote

Newegg

Share:
%d bloggers like this: