What are you doing ...

Notifications
Clear all

What are you doing during the Quarantine?  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
05/04/2020 6:38 pm  

What are you guys doing during the shutdown? Hopefully you guys are getting some projects done. I'm trying to myself. I've also been doing some fishing on the pond since the weather's gotten nicer. I hadn't really got a chance to fish it yet. but the shutdown is let me try it out a little. We've caught mainly crappie, but I'm pretty sure they're just breeding near the shore which is making it easy. But my wife accidentally caught a pretty big catfish.  It was pretty funny. she was trying to fix her line and let her lure drop all the way to the bottom. Once she fixed her line, she started reeling it in and said I think I got a fish. then a little bit later she goes I got a big fish. Then she got it up on shore and she said, I got a really big fish! It was pretty funny. 

IMG 20200328 151351
IMG 20200331 162016
MVIMG 20200401 153245
MVIMG 20200401 154738
MVIMG 20200403 115053
IMG 20200403 121916

Both my son's caught their very first fish as well.

123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
05/04/2020 6:39 pm  

Today we are able to clear out some of the brush/trees, so we could have some more area to fish. 

MVIMG 20200405 170229
IMG 20200405 170209
IMG 20200405 170217
IMG 20200405 151419

ReplyQuote
LionelC
(@lionelc)
Eminent Member Registered
06/04/2020 1:34 pm  

That's awesome! Is that on your property?

We have went through closets, taking out all the clothes we done use to donate them. Cleaned out our shed in the back yard, and also the garage. 

A lot of cleaning and organizing around the house.

LionelC

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/04/2020 1:42 pm  

@lionelc

That's a really good idea! We should definitely do that as well. Especially in a time of need where people might need that. I was getting ready to contact our mayor when this first started to talk about how can we get the needy meals. But thankfully he was already on top of it. I just don't want to see anyone go hungry during this time.

Yes this is on our property. This is the very front of our property. We were blessed enough to be able to get a a little pond. It's been really nice to be able to fish it during the quarantine. Tomorrow I'm actually going to stock some more fish. Just some copper knows bluegills and a bunch of minnows for everything to feed off of. 

We have a second really small pond that was used just to water horses. I'm thinking about putting some minnows in there to reproduce, so we can have some live bait and I can release some in the pond every once in awhile for the fish.

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
06/04/2020 4:28 pm  

Working from home. VPNs are a great thing.

The wife's side job is considered essential, so 1 weekend day is spent working as well.

This past Saturday is something I haven't done in years - absolutely nothing. We binge watched the last 2 seasons of Hap and Leonard. Good show, but it only lasted 3 seasons and 18 episodes total on Sundance.

I do have an old project I want to get to. We'll see if I can get some time in the evening...

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/04/2020 9:08 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

That's awesome that you guys are still able to work from home. A lot of people aren't able to do that. Luckily my wife and I are both still working, but I know that for a lot of people that's not the case. 

I've never heard of Happ and Leonard. I'll have to look into it. My wife has been stuck on that new tiger King show on Netflix. Some weird stuff going on in that show.

ReplyQuote
TVOR-Ceasar
(@tvor-ceasar)
Reputable Member Registered
06/04/2020 10:54 pm  
Posted by: @123toid

@tvor-ceasar

That's awesome that you guys are still able to work from home. A lot of people aren't able to do that. Luckily my wife and I are both still working, but I know that for a lot of people that's not the case. 

I've never heard of Happ and Leonard. I'll have to look into it. My wife has been stuck on that new tiger King show on Netflix. Some weird stuff going on in that show.

Yeah, that was the last thing I had to do before we shut the doors to the public - make sure everyone was up and running on the VPN 2 weeks ago. There's work to do for my regular part of my job (land surveying), plans, calculations, etc., but I hope this moves through quickly so the world can get back to some normalcy. That, and my knees don't like the smaller desk area at home.

My wife caught Hap and Leonard one night late and it was.... interesting. We had to DVR it whenever it was on since the only way we've seen to on demand it is to buy each episode individually. Still need to see the full season 1. Let me know if you find it otherwise.

That pond looks great. I miss being able to go do stuff like that. I hope you get to make lots.of great memories there.

Do you still have thoughts on doing an outside theater?

-Charlie

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
06/04/2020 11:57 pm  

@tvor-ceasar

It appears that Hap and Leonard is free on Netflix. Found seasons 1-3.  If you don't have Netflix, you could do a free trial to watch season 

I do want to do an outdoor theater, but it might be a while. At least until after we've opened the pool. We're considering doing a downstairs renovation during the quarintine. We bought the house Knowing we'd do it. So if that is the case, the theater will be on hold.

We got quotes on everything and is doable. We just don't want to start it and then not be able to get something due to the Coronavirus. So we're still weighing it options 

ReplyQuote
pwarren3030
(@pwarren3030)
Eminent Member Registered
11/04/2020 3:36 am  

Hello everyone,

Just did a zoom with my siblings and some of our grown children here in Australia. Its a good way to catch up with everyone and make sure they're all managing.

I jagged a $5 for 4 months trial on Tidal and having great fun making some playlists and listening to a few favourite old albums. How easy it is to stream. My gear isn't quite high end enough to really hear the difference to free Spotify but its great not having the ads. I don't have a turntable, just mp3's on my phone and a NAS (3 Tbyte Seagate which is temperamental).

I've been restoring some 1994 Accusound (Australian Brand now out of business) AS3320's which are a three way with two 12 inch woofers per cabinet. The cabinets were badly water damaged so have needed a lot of work. Today I sanded the 2nd coat of purple paint still trying to get a smooth finish. The woofers also had some tears in the cones and surrounds which I repaired with black silicone from the hardware store. These units sound awesome, but I'm not that experienced an audiophile to be able to compare them with anything. What I have learnt is that a dedicated mid-range really is an improvement over most 2 way speakers that I have experienced. I'm a 3way convert.

One problem which I haven't figured out yet is 1 of the four woofers is only working on a limited frequency compared with the other three which sound normal. I don't think its the driver. I think its the crossover or maybe one of the pots on the front panel which adjust high and mid output.

Got some other speakers under restoration and for sale as well. Keeps me off the streets. Love to read about other projects on the go.

IMG 0713
IMG 0583

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
Trusted Member Registered
13/04/2020 7:10 pm  

Not too much with speakers lately, although I looked up REW compatible spl meters (omnimic), fortunately they were out of stock.

I did a little sound test comparing the JBL control 25s and Klipsch R-41M speakers.  They are a little different with a larger woofer in the jbl, but the Klipsch is ported.  I basically determined, either are good enough above ~80hz so I'll just use the JBL wherever weather resistance is important.

Side note, thanks again @123Toid for the amp, that's what I used for the test.

As for getting along day to day, doing well spending family time, also started using a steam game called tabletop simulator to allow board game "parties" online during the pandemic.  Also, Pandemic did not turn out so well....

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/04/2020 11:36 pm  

@pwarren3030

That was a great deal on Tidal!  I should have signed up for that.  Killer deal!  That resotation looks nice.  I have always wanted to find a pair of vintage speakers what the boxes were ruined but component good, to redo.  I think that has a lot of potential.  All that to say, I am envious of your project. 

ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
13/04/2020 11:37 pm  

@imcokeman

Are you going to use the JBL for your outdoor theater?  Could be an option.  Maybe add them as height speakers?

ReplyQuote
ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
14/04/2020 2:19 pm  

My outdoor theater is 100% hand me downs.  If you can find me a hand me down receiver with a height channel...... =)

123Toid liked
ReplyQuote
123Toid
(@123toid)
Illustrious Member Admin
14/04/2020 2:46 pm  

@imcokeman

Like this one?

ImCoKeMaN liked
ReplyQuote
ImCoKeMaN
(@imcokeman)
14/04/2020 5:22 pm  

Lol, I should have known =)

Edit: Actually, I could probably use channel B on this one, only issue with this is rear R and Surround R channels are not outputting sound

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share:
%d bloggers like this: