So I proceeded to cut out holes for both speakers, and a hole for the port. I was careful to line up the holes perfectly, in order to make the face. On the rear panel I cut out a rectangle that could be removed, if you ever needed to get in the speaker. And added a few holes for the power jack and the 3.5mm jack. I also applied a 3/8 round over to the speaker holes. next I cut the 1″ port to about 3″, which should tune it to about 60hz.
Finally, I started assembling it. I glued on the front. Once that was dried, I painted the front and back separately. I did seal it first with a little bondo. I used bright yellow Krylon paint, but I do not recommend that brand. It was on sale, but I personally did not enjoy using it. I will go back to my good old trust Rustoleum on my next project.
Once the paint is to your liking you will need to hook start installing everything. Everything is installed fairly straight forward. I did add a BSC to the driver. You will need to take one 4 ohm resistor and a .38 inductor and solder both ends together (aka parallel). This will go in-line with the positive (aka in series) wire of one of the woofers. Now do the same thing to the other woofer. Glue on the back and you are finished.
Of course, you do not have to build an “Emoji” if you do not want. Just keep the relative volume, and you will be happy. Also, I will have a build log Video coming later as well as sound demonstration. Until then, ask any questions you want.
Comments are closed.