Home Forums DIY Speakers and Subwoofers Aurum Cantus AC300/75C2C Woofer Enclosure Suggestions

• Creator
    Discussion

Keith
    Participant

Aurum Cantus AC300/75C2C WooferAurum Cantus AC300/75C2C Woofer

I’m working on refining the enclosure design for the subject woofer. Here’s the critical specs for this device:

Freq Resp= 22-2800 Hz

Fs= 22 Hz

SPL= 91 db

Vas= 8.190 cu ft

Qms= 2.16

Qes= 0.42

Qts= 0.35

Xmax= 8 mm

I’m planning to use a ported enclosure with 5.50 cu ft internal volume net driver displacements.

F3= 24.87 Hz

Fb= 23.77 Hz

I’m planning to use a 3.75″ ID port roughly 6-7/8″ long.

Using an Eminence 3-way crossover, it’ll cross to an Aurum Cantus AC120/50CK 5″ midwoofer @ 500 Hz with a crossover slope of 12 dB/octave on the low pass.

This will be the 3rd build refining the enclosure. I’d love for you to nitpick my design intentions and help me refine this build. Please comment on what’s good and what needs help / redirection.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

• This discussion was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Keith. Reason: Didn't want to lose the woofer brand & part #. I'm new to the site – sorry if I screwed something up
    • This discussion was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Keith. Reason: Didn't want to lose the woofer brand & part #. I'm new to the site - sorry if I screwed something up